1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double bay devices for 3.5".

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by diet6, Dec 16, 2007.

1. diet6

diet6 Member

Has anyone seen any 3.5" (normally for floppy) bay devices that would fill two slots? There's not a terribly good use for putting a floppy drive in one, and I already have a fan controller, switches, and heat sensors. I have two bays, so it'd be cool to put something in that fills both, but I can't even find anything that would.

2. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

You could always fill the extra 3.5" slot with a multi-card reader like this one? That way you can transer data from cards used in PDA's, PSP's, digital camera's, MP3 players, digital photo frames etc.

Do you have 2x empty 3.5" slots? or is the fan controller etc taking one of them up? Or is it in one of the 5.25" bays?

If you have 2x empty 3.5" bays you could always add another device like this to save you reaching behind the PC to connect / remove devices like USB pens, portable drives, MP3 cables etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2007
  3. diet6

diet6 Member

Well, I have two that are empty, my other devices are in the 5.25" slots, but they have some pretty cool looking dual 5.25" slot bay devices and I was wondering if anyone has seen any dual 3.5" bay devices.

4. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

Yeah I understand completely!!

In one of my pcs, I have 2x DVD-RW's, a VFD and a fan controller in my 4x 5.25" bays, and then I have the 2x devices I have shown you in the above items. The front of my pc has more fidly bits 'n' ports than the back of my pc!!

5. diet6

diet6 Member

Yeah, I'd just like something that looks kinda sleek, but still have something there that's useful, even if it is just a cupholder/ashtray/lockbock/somethingshiny whatever, I guess not many people have dual 3.5s but still, would be nice.