1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double-check games with Magic 3.1 - What to do?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Robojack, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Robojack

Robojack Member

Hi, I recently purchased a Japanese game that actually checks twice for a mod-chip. I have a Magic 3.1 on my system. What can I do? I've heard of a program called CdLoader, but most people only use it with Swap Magic. Would I be to successfully able to use this with my Ps2, even though I have a Magic 3.1 modchip on it?

2. Antourage

Antourage Member

I am not sure if you will be able to use it, but I would be interested to know if anyone has ever tried it. The Swap Magic Disc and CD Loader are designed for individuals with no solder mods, fliptops and swipe cards. Typically those with soldered modchips dont need SMD because a good one should bypass the checks. Can anyone else provide info?

3. benagain

benagain Regular member

I'm using a Magic 3.1 in my PS2 to play backups and I haven't have any trouble. What are some double-check games? I may not have even tried one yet.

4. Robojack

Robojack Member

They're games that check twice for mod-chipped systems, once at the beginning, again later. Many older modchips (such as Magic 3.1) will fail such a test.

That's why I was wondering if using CDLoader would allow me to bypass such a problem.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2004
  5. Antourage

Antourage Member

I believe EA games use such technology. I belive the SMD make the system unaware that the tray is ejected. The part that I am wondering about is how do you eject the tray to utilize the disks without disrupting the reset. I wish I could help, but I have never combined the two technologies, and I am thinking theoretically. I don't want you to waste your money if its not possible