1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double Expand Memory Converter

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Bertold, May 20, 2007.

1. Bertold

Bertold Guest

Has anyone got one of these if so does it work.

It basicaly plugs into the memory slot and then lets you use SD Cards instead of Pro Duo. I need to check before buying as I have recently bought a fake a Pro Duo of ebay and I don't want to get stuck with something else that doesn't work

I don't know if i am allowed to post a link the web site which is selling this ?

2. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

i've heard good reviews 'bout it

3. drakex

drakex Regular member

I just checked them, they look pretty neat, will they be better than normal memory sticks pro duo? I guess they will, but dont know how they will work.

4. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

any links to those?? sd cards are real cheap, that would be nice

5. drakex

drakex Regular member

I wont tell you google it, but you can froogle it (www.froogle.com) I found one of $14 +1.43 of shipping, so for $15, it REALLY cheap, i am thinking twice right now of getting one...

[​IMG]

Just check the image and you can tell. :)

6. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

There ordering website sucks! I have been trying to order it for the past 20 minutes and its stuck on the "delivery method option" in the check out process and won't let me go any further. How frustrating!

7. Bertold

Bertold Guest

I was originally looking at mr mod chips site, I am still trying to get my money back from the fake memory card then I will buy one.

8. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

Couldn't order it through one e-store so I successfully ordered it through another. I can't wait till it arrives. SD cards are so inexpensive.

9. drakex

drakex Regular member

I was able to get to the payment method... but I closed down, I am not ready yet... -_-

10. Bertold

Bertold Guest

Thanks for the heads up on game baz I was going to £15.00 now its $15 nearly half the price at the current echange rate

11. staxx

staxx Regular member

whats the read/write speed of this thing?

12. drakex

drakex Regular member

Dont know, the normal SD memory speed... the one thing I have found out is that it works fine with 2 SD Cards, YES, 2 at the same time, they both have to be the same size, for example 2 of 512 or 2 of 1gb or 2 of 2gb for them to work as one, that is a future that sounds really, but really nice...

What I heard also is that they are a bit slower than normal memory stick but games work fine.

13. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

I saw an 8 gig sd card at supermediastore.com for around $69 each. If I save and save and save. I might be able to buy two of them. Imagine the possibilities of having 16 gigs available for the psp :)

14. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

My double memeory converter came in over the weekend. I haven't tried it out yet. I have to wait til this pay day to buy two SD cards. I did read in the paper that came in that package that it doesn't support SD cards of 4 gigs or higher. That sucks! So realistically you can only use two 2 gig SD cards. I'll keep you posted on this.

15. Bertold

Bertold Guest

I'm the opposite Ive got the memory but no adaptor savastore were doing homebrand 2gb cards for £8.40 but they have no stock left I amanged to get 4 so I will see how it works with the cheapest card possible :)

They work in my camera so all will not be lost.

16. Bertold

Bertold Guest

Okay got the Memory Expander this morning and as I said earlier in the thread I have bought 2 x 2Gb cards at £8.40 so this converter plus 4GB has cost me about £23

I am glad to say it works perfect.

The adaptor has clips that go in the battery screw holes so it is not dangling down. Speed seems fine I am running 6 ISO totaling 3.6GB no problem. I will definately be ordering more memory.

17. drakex

drakex Regular member

Good to hear, i just bought a 2GB memory stick but will order this thing from either ebay or the hong kong store as soon as possible.

18. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

If you live in the US and want to buy it from a place that is closer, you can also get it at https://www.gamersection.ca/. So I finally got my 2x2gig sd cards. This thing is awesome. I was able to put in 9 csos, 1 psx, and about 8 GBA games on them and still have about 800 megs available. The only thing is that this adapter makes one side of the PSP a bit bulky and it no longer fits into any of the skins or protective cases that I owned. So I had to do a little bit of modding. I cut part of the protective case on the side and now the ribbon comes out of the case so the PSP can rest inside. The part that holds the sd cards is now taped to the back of the case similar to how it was on the PSP. It is a bit unsightly but it works and I would much rather pay $50 dollars for two SD cards then $100 for a 4 gig ms.

19. drakex

drakex Regular member

Dude found a problem with this converter, if you leave it stick in and do a lt of pressure to it, the little sticks that make it hold to your psp will break and it will became loose, that shucks big time! I just broke one of them!