1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double layer

Discussion in 'PS2' started by RVC, Dec 13, 2004.

1. RVC

RVC Member

To do backups games for PSTwo is really necesary to have a double layer burner (for burns dvd format) or you can get around with a singer one?

2. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

you can burn games with single layer

dual layer is only for burning those dvd-9 games onto dual layer disks (which i dont think the ps2 can read yet)

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I think with Dvd-9 games you have to either split them to two dvds or either rip out alot of files to make it fit to Dvd-5(swap magic user only).The TOC refresh method only picks up the first layer of a original disc for swap magic users.A modchip can bypass the Dvd-9 games and play them,it is just swap magic can't as of yet.I think as of right now Dual Layer discs are still expensive.You could buy a Dual Layer burner,but buying the discs are expensive and probably pull you away from using Dvd-9 games.Although PS2 doesn't have alot of Dvd-9 games right now,it will probably get that way sooner or later where they will start to make Dvd-9 games more often.

4. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

yup you need to split them in several disc an example i backed up Medal Of Honor Passific assault in 3 Cds and usually you will know when to switch the cd when your game stops loading just open the Ps2 and insert tha homemade disc 2 its just that easy