1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double sided disk to ONE dvd.....

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by Digital1, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Digital1

Digital1 Guest

I wasn't able to locate this info on the site.... Anyone know how to fit a double side dvd onto ONE dvd...Clear instructions?
    A double sided movie, for example.

Thanks..
    Fred

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Look at the thread on Squeezing Goodfellas to one disc. There are tonnes of information on doing this.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Right, it can be complicated with those tools and may not work. Try this:

Rip side 1 to a folder and side 2 to a seperate folder. Copy and paste the VOB's from side 2 into side 1's folder after renaming them to coincide with the side 1's VOB. (ie: follow on VOB5, 06, etc). Try that, though i dont think the VTS file will pick up the link to the second set of VOB's. Why not just download the trial of TMPGEnc DVD auhtor and try it out.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

No problem, I would be interested to know if it is succesful for you. It all depends on the way in which the disc was recorded (the original). The VTS file is like a menu structure to the disc, it basically tells the payer where to start from. Since you can only have one VTS file in the DVD, im not sure if it will allow the second disc to be read.

I personally would put them on two seperate discs....hold on a min - iv had an idea.

Once you have combined the two of the folders as i mentioned previously, try and open the folder with all the VOB's in it with DVD Shrink. If it allows you to open it then you are great because it will create a new VTS folder masking to all VB's. Its only an idea mind you.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I have actually got a guide started on copying a flipper to one DVD. However, it does use TMPGEnc DVD Author and doesnt include the menus and extras on the disc. I will be uploading it in the user guide section of the website in my signature within the next week or so.

6. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

You are right Oriphus
    about the ripping of the two sides to different directories.
    Copy the second range of VOBs to the first range.
    Then rename the second range of VOB's as Oriphus
    said.

Open Ifoedit and load the IFO file.
    Choose create IFO's and when its done save the new ifo's (overwrite YES).

Try to play with f.e. PowerDVD or else

7. ABMone

ABMone Guest

I think the ifoedit your talking about is version 95 or 0.9.5.0

its not referring to windows its just the latest version and yes it does work with xp.

8. meJOWY

meJOWY Member

so any success yet? coz wen i use ifoedit, it really screws me over and in the same regard so does tempeg... so many problems *rage*!!

double sided dvd 3gig perside ends up as 12g dvd wen i compose it with tempeg and thats if i can get pass the error during the output process.

ok guyz listen up, i think this is the method on the verge of success! (with a minor problem ofcourse) afta ripping both sides, renaming files under same folder etc... deleting original ifo, then using ifo edit everything works up until here.... but here's the dilemma. i got a nice 8gig dvd files 01-08 with the head ifo, everything is intake until i compress with dvd2one...

afta dvd2one it seems as though the result only comprise of the first half of the original dvd.

HELP HELP HELP!!

all i wanna know is how to get double side onto 1 dvd liaoz!!! tempeg isn't working for me, having trouble wif ifoedit not sure wat to do guyz!!

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

When you have all your VOB files ready, run them through TMPGEnc DVD Author and create the needed files rom there. then compress with DVD2One or DVD Shrink.