1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double Tap Reset To Boot PS1 Backups on PS2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Noriko82, May 23, 2004.

1. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

Thanks for everyone who have been helping me so far, >:D< HUGZ everybody. I have a little problem (STIL) trying to figure out which modchip is in my machine. so i thought of posting a one last question about it for one last time.
    MY PS2 backups boot normally, just put it in the drive and it boots. MY PS1 backups need to tap reset button twice to boot. DVD'S (With no region) works as same as PS2. I still couldn't run any Region Protected (foreign DVDS other than region 2) coz i don't know how to do that on my PS2. Does anyone have a idea about the modchip i might have?. I don't wanna remove anything like COVER etc of my PS2 coz i am really really really a newbie. My machine is a PAL one and it is V9/V10 SCHP:50004 Yep.

Any ideas people?

Thanks a lot.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

I think messiah needed a double tap to play ps1 games.

3. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

Yes but i was wondering because Messiah can only work with V1 to V7 consoles right?.... Messiah 1 needs double tap but my machine is V9/V10 console.

thanks a lot for ur help anyways

4. WEStar

WEStar Active member

then it might be messiah2?

5. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

Yeah maybe but Messiah 2 is a pretty expensive chip compared to the MAGIC 3.XXX range right?. i am not sure, anyways if it is Messiah 2 it will be able to play Region Protected DVDS. ( Foreign DVDS other than fixed region on the console for an ex: Playing Region 1 on Region 2 PS2 ).I tried a lot and i have no idea how to play it!! my machine is Region 2 and i still i don't know how to play other region DVD movie in it. But all the other region game dvds, ntsc pal everything works. Do you have any idea how it works?