1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double Wii Channels

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by seanburby, Jan 8, 2008.

1. seanburby

seanburby Member

Hi,
    With a Nintendo Wii modded with a chip such as a WiiKey, how is it possible for the user to get double the Wii channels in the main menu than they already have?

Thanks in advance

2. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

due to some games different region) updating the wii, thinking they werent installed so it duplicates them.

metroid prime 3 did it to mine although there has since been a workaround to prevent it

and no u cant delete them so dont bother trying

all u can do is move them out of the way

3. seanburby

seanburby Member

So, you are saying that as long as I stick to Wii games within my region, then I won't get any duplicated channels?

4. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

5. juniR

juniR Guest

Strictly speaking you don't have to avoid games from other regions. You just NEVER accept any updates from those games.

6. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

u dont always get a choice

7. juniR

juniR Guest

Hehe if you are vigilant and quick enough you can hit the power button m8 :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2008
  8. seanburby

seanburby Member

Yeh but it is just so much easier to stick to games within your region :D

9. Xordok

Xordok Guest

So you're saying that even with a Wiikey, I shouldn't put my original Wii Fit game in my soon to be modded, US-Wii ?? :(

10. seanburby

seanburby Member

I am suggesting that you should stick to games within your region to make it virtually impossible for your console to be bricked. But, you don't have to listen to what I say - as WiiFit I believe is a Japenese game (I may be wrong here), you are playing it on an NTSC console which may cause the Wii to be bricked. I'm not sure whether the original will work or not.

11. juniR

juniR Guest

Depends how savvy you are - if you ain't 100% confident then stay away from out of region... that's the bottom line - It's like everything in life. I have the dupe channels but everything else is fine. I learned the lesson tho and stay up to date with the latest info now so I know if an update is gonna happen and it doesn't worry me. I stay away from Japanese games cos they ain't in English and I ain't that desperate... but I have a few US games cos they are dragging their heels with the Euro releases of those titles.