1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Down or Up?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by XdogmaX, Jun 19, 2007.

1. XdogmaX

XdogmaX Member

ok i have the 2.71 and downgraded to 1.5 then got oe-a and then oe-b

i really dont know what that means but i did it and it worked..all the iso's i got worked when installed in the iso folder, but my son broke the psp and im having to start over again not remimbering what i did the first time...i read all the post and tells me how to get to oe-a, i remimber that part so do i need to go to oe-b? and how dow i get there? OR whats the difference in "upgrading" do use devhook? what would be the most user friendly way of going about this? and i have downgraded before so im not worried about that...
    i mostly play iso,emulatoer snes,nes, and would like to play movie files and mp3, i might dabble in the homebrew scene for neat option for my psp....any help would be greatly apprciated
    p.s. i know how to downgrade and upgrade i found the post by reading alot of threads and doing alot of searches just couldnt find anything about the oe-b thing?

2. Oraseth

Oraseth Regular member

The "OE" stands for open edition. Eg, its a custom firmware combination that has the 1.50 ability to run custom firmware and has all the features of the official sony firmware releases.

What you are looking to do after downgrading to 1.50 vesion is to update to a higher custom firmware, newest one out there is the 3.40 OE-A

the A and B in the end stand for the release version of the specific firmware.

Check here

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  3. XdogmaX

XdogmaX Member

ok thanks alot i have read that and understand completly but from what i have read will 3.40 be just as easy to run iso's and homebrews? as far has just place in folder and play? cause thats what i was doing before....and i may have misread this but is there lots of proplems going to 3.4 with the 2.71 with ta motherboard? or is it just a rare few...i know these are question that reallly get asked alot but i promise i have read alot of post here...

4. tyler123

tyler123 Regular member

cannot fault 3.40 firmware .remote play with me ps3 is nice .keep a umd in and play .

5. XdogmaX

XdogmaX Member

well i mean when i downgrade is there alot of problems once i get to 1.50 from 2.71 then going to 3.30.....and do i follow just the normal guides from going from 1.50 to 3.30 and so on....being that i have the infamous ta i hate everyone motherboard

6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Just to clearify, you are NOT going to 3.30. You need 3.30OE.

Here's a easy installer for 3.40OE, if you want 3.30OE badly, I'm sure there's something like this for that as well.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/500493

P.S.
    Once on 1.5, motherboard does not matter.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007