1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downgrade 3.51?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by wrules, Jul 14, 2007.

1. wrules

wrules Regular member

my bro updated my firware to 3.51!!!!! Is there any chance to downgrade 3.51 and run isos on my psp?

2. rubenalex

rubenalex Regular member

nope,sorry you can't downgrade or run isos on 3.51 :(

3. ally1984

ally1984 Member

i would kill ur brother if i was you.its not possible and i dont think it ever will be

4. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

this is y u get flash agent to disable network update....

5. wrules

wrules Regular member

i might consider killing my bro

........................lol

6. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

only consider? why only take a slice when u r offered the whole cake? lol murder is bad.

7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Tell your brother to put his face up to the monitor, so I can give him a virtual bitch-slap for you...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  8. ally1984

ally1984 Member

u can also try putting ur psp in the micro wave for 3 mins 51 seconds.see if it downgrades.lol

psp histoty:2.71>3.11(nob)>3.40>3.50<1.50>3.02oea>3.10oea>3.40oea

9. acmilan1

acmilan1 Guest

U know there is a custom firmware for 3.51
    I would try it but i cant find Lumines :(

10. ally1984

ally1984 Member

u cant downgrade 3.51.not even with lumines.custom firmware 3.51 not even ready yet

11. RiPPERD

RiPPERD Guest

if i was you id use the PSP to kill ya bro... not like its much use now anyway! lol

3.51 downgrader will be here soon dont worry theres ppl more on the ball than u think

12. RiPPERD

RiPPERD Guest

o yeh almost forgot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.51 should have an ISO loader built in!!!!!

check the forum sony psp mod and firmware

coz before he retired DAX was decoding it!

cant remember wht its called but its in there!

you might be safe after all

13. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

The iso loader either isn't included in m33 or just doesn't work well. Because you still need an umd to run iso in 3.51 m33.

You know, why am I keep getting this feeling that the sony "iso loader" is just a copy of DAX's no-umd function...

14. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

M33 has a working NO-UMD mode, it works perfectly...

15. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

O reall?
    Well, I haven't tried it myself. But from what I've read here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/534810#3236182 it's not 100% yet.
    Specifically:
    Let me know if I missed something.

Edit: btw, I believe the it's a direct translation from russian or whatever, so maybe something is lost in translation...

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  16. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Well, I think I'll just stick to 3.40OE unless I absolutely must upgrade or something-Sounds like there are a lot of bugs that need to be worked out with that new custom joint...I am not impressed.

And whats the big push to try and get it so you dont need a UMD inserted?? I mean how hard is it to just put a game in the slot and leave it there? I have yet to run into an iso game that requires me to leave the UMD out or that I need to enable "noUMD"...My "noUMD" is disabled, and I have a game inserted-Period..My games work fine...

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  17. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

That's my only problem. One of my games REQUIRES no-umd to be enabled(DJ Max Portable 2). And I play it very often. Whenever I want to play something else, I have to toggle no-umd. It's no big deal, just a little bit troublesome.

P.S. The main reason that I'm reluctant in upgrading is also because of this damn game. Last time I messed up and had to recover back to 1.5, this game won't recognize my saves anymore. Says it's from another psp.....

18. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Thats odd...I wonder how that game could have gotten locked into your old configuration like that? And wont let you load saves now...Very strange...Is that DJ Max game like DDR or something?

19. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Dj max is kinda like ddr, it's much more like beatmania, guitar hero, that kinda thing. Has a pretty steep learning slope, but once you are there, man, you can't give it up :D

Anyway, it loads saves fine. But it has a wierd system that won't let you use any save file that's from other psp's (so you can't use a friends save files to unlock music or whatnot, it's also linked to an internet ranking system). So I think recovering back to 1.5 somehow changed my psp's internal settings. So the game thinks that I'm on a new psp D:
    I'm pretty far into the game now, 80%+ unlocked. I don't wanna risk losing everything again.

20. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

I wonder if restoring your default settings from 3.40 would work? But I suppose you dont want to risk having to start over again...That sucks..I might have to look into that game, sounds addicting!!