1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downgrade 3.71

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by TomVanRoy, Sep 20, 2007.

1. TomVanRoy

TomVanRoy Guest

I updated my version to a 3.71 as well now, but you say unbrick your PSP as normal, the whole converting way is:

- Connect the PSP to the PC with the Memory Stick inside via the USB Connection.
    - Format the Memory Stick using any utility.
    - Use mspformat to format the Memory Stick logically.
    - Remove the Memory Stick and disable the USB connection.
    - Connect the Memory Stick again via the USB connection of the PSP.
    - Manually create the PSP/GAME (optionally PSP/GAME150) folders on the Memory Stick.
    - Copy the "battery" and "installer" programs to the PSP/GAME (optionally PSP/GAME150) folder.
    - Copy the 1.50 official updater as UPDATE.PBP to the root of the Memory Stick.
    - Run "installer" through the firmware on the PSP. This application will create the firmware files on the root of the Memory Stick, as well as msipl.bin.
    - Connect the Memory Stick again via the USB connection of the PSP.
    - Execute "msipl" application on the PC with the msipl.bin to write the IPL to memory stick.
    - Execute "battery" application on the PSP to modify the battery.
    - Congratulation, you are now in posession of a "Magic Memory Stick" and a "JigKick Battery".

- So what part is changed and what part stays the same?
    - Will I be able to use my "Magic Memory Stick" normally if I format it again?

I'm realy getting desperate, I can't find a 2nd battery in my store so I NEED to do it with only one, but I want to be REAL sure ('cause I only got one)
    I know I'm a little whiny f*cker, but I worked hard hard for my PSP, so I don't want to ruin it on the 1st day I got it.

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you won't be able to create pandora's battery/magic memory stick on your psp. you need access to a psp running 1.5 or custom firmware already.