1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downgrade 3.80 m33 - 1.50

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by goemon4, Jan 22, 2008.

1. goemon4

goemon4 Member

Hey all,
    I need to downgrade my 3.80m33 psp back to 1.50. While messing with my flash0 i completely forgot to back it up! (i feel like a huge n00b) But all i know is, ive fixed some things, but im still having alot of firmware problems.

I cant make a pandora either, i used to use the UPMS guide off of here (which i used multiple times, one of which was to hack my slim) but now it wont work at all when i go to make the said pandora (i get a x0.8005 error (thats not it, just an example)) so im pretty boned from there. (unless there is a way to make one via linux as i know you can with windows)

But my main question, is there a way to use the recovery mode to do it? I used to do it in 3.03 OE, but i havent found a working recovery eboot for it.

OR is there anyway to just format my flash0 and or restore it to the default stuff? (Because im just going to upgrade from 1.50 back to 3.80m33)

ANY HELP is appreciated, btw

I have a psp fat with a ta-082 MB, running 3.80 m33-5 and a 4gig Sandisk mem stick (if that matters)

So i hope there is a way to just get back to 1.50, thanks alot!!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  2. asiol

asiol Regular member

can you still go in recovery mode

3. rickem

rickem Regular member

If you can get into recovery toggle usb place the 1.50eboot in PSP/Game/Recovery/eboot.pbp---toggle back out go back to recovery scroll down to run program at...

Hope you can get into rcovery, if not pandora!!!

4. goemon4

goemon4 Member

@ asiol - yup, it works fine, its my xmb which is a mess (guess i should have made that clearer)

@ rickem - is there anything else i need? Cause i thought there was a prog you had to run, but ill try that now... yeah i got a game cant be started with just the 1.50 eboot. :(

so any other ideas are welcome

thanks

5. asiol

asiol Regular member

you might want format flash 1

go to recovery mode go to advance and thn go to format flash 1 and reset all settings

you will get BSOD but dont press o

instead turn it off and tunr it on again

you should be at the date and time settings

6. goemon4

goemon4 Member

that helped somewhat, but im still missing a bunch of fonts/characters, but i think i know where to find them, Thanks

EDIT - yeah found a new theme which cleard up my font problems, thanks for the help

7. SDEATH

SDEATH Guest

Having a sim issue, I have 3.80 m33 on my sys and works fine and all, trying to install a slim for the first time, from what Im using for instucts I need to get back to another FW, well, cant seem to get 3.80 m33 off my fat, no matter the method, tried and easy downgrader, tried the RECOVERY with a 1.5 orig FW. Sure would appricate any and all ideas to resolve this. And if anyone has a link for thorough instructs for using fat to mod slim would be appreciated as well.

SD

8. SDEATH

SDEATH Guest

Hey all, nevermind, misread. Sorry, all's better now.

SD