1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downgrade help, fw 2.00

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Menissalt, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Menissalt

Menissalt Member

I know i'm a nwb. I know you hate it when we don't google it, but i did. yall seem to be the most knowledgeable source on the web so here i am and here is my story.
    i've had a 3.30 psp but recently swapped with a friend for his 2.00 fw normal motherboard PSP. i know about the MPHdowngrader but everytime i try to unzip it my virus protection kicks in and says the .TIF is a virus (more specifically Trojan PSP.Brick). i wnat to know what fw i should update to, what method of downgrading and where to find the downgrader and tutorial for it so i don't brick my PSP.
    Thanks for understanding and please help me however you can and be warned that once the downgrader works i will probably be asking for homebrew, emulator, and iso help (if those topics are allowed on these forums).

2. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

3. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

4. Menissalt

Menissalt Member

Thanks guys, downgrade and upgrade to 3.10oeA' successful. how about running some homebrew and isos?

5. fultonla

fultonla Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2007
  6. Menissalt

Menissalt Member

Crap! i messed with the USB0 internal memory of my system, now i've a sexy PSP paperweight! oh weel. time to go to ebay and it for it's parts and then buy a refurbished one and NOT mess with the systmes internal memory again.
    By the way, somebody should REALLY post a tutortial on how to install the black XMB.

7. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

ummm if u have 3.10 oe-a, u can recovery ur psp to 1.5...and do the upgrading process again

8. Menissalt

Menissalt Member

yes but that is only for a partial brick. this is full psp brick. the scrren won't turn on at all. the recovery menu can't pop up. i took off what told the psp how to function.

9. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

how did u do that??! delete random files?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  10. Menissalt

Menissalt Member

i was trying to modify the xmb to the black xmb, i didn't do it right

11. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

what did u do? all u should do is take each individual file, ie topmenu_plugin.rco, etc and then copy it in the proper place

12. Menissalt

Menissalt Member

yeah, see. i didn't know that. i know i'm i stupid newb but oh well. i guess i'll just get a job and pay $60 for a refurbished one

13. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

..u should know better than to install custom XMBs on a 3.10oe...it doesnt suport custom xmbs u know...3.03 OE does

14. Menissalt

Menissalt Member

srry, i should have told yall i recovered to 1.5 and back up to 3.03oe-c and then tried to do the custom XMB