1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downgrade PSP 2.80 - 1.50 - TA -082

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by babaton, Jul 27, 2007.

1. babaton

babaton Guest

Hello,

I've read a lot of threads about this but can't seem to make out what the general consensus is. Is this possible?

I've tried Dark Alex's 2.8 downgrader with HEN but I don't even seen to be installing HEN correctly.
    I'm following the instructions here :

http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/improved-2.8-downgrader-updated.html

My cube demo won't run, I get "The game could not be started. (800201148)"

Am I supposed to run the hen tiff first, When I try that I just get the picture, nothing happens, but the psp doesn't freeze,go blue or red.

Stuck and wanting to get this sorted before my little boys birthday...

Please help.

Thanks, Baba

2. sliexx

sliexx Member

I bought a week ago a 2.81 pink one and went 3.50+lumines way. there is a guide here for that. After that simple M33-6 install.

Mind you you have to have bigger memcard than supplied 32 meg. Get at least 64 megs.

3. babaton

babaton Guest

Sounds good, I just checked again and mine is in fact also 2.81

Is yours a ta-082 as well?

4. babaton

babaton Guest

also, you upgrade via sony to 3.50 first? Do you get to choose which version you want to install, I'm worried about updting too far.

Thanks very much. baba

5. Ce_Yu_Pe

Ce_Yu_Pe Regular member

Just dont use Network Update on PSP. Download 3.50 update from some place like dl.qj.net. Using Network Update will update to 3.52

6. sliexx

sliexx Member

DO NOT UPGRADE TO 3.51 or 3.52 OFFICIAL. You'll have to wait untill someone comes up with an exploit for downgrading.

Upgrade to 3.50, do lumines exploit downgrade to 1.50 and after that install M33...

7. babaton

babaton Guest

fantastic, just ordered lumines for £12.99. Not bad and it's meant to be a blinding game anyway.

thanks very much, I'll upgrade to 3.50 today but no doubt I'll be back with more questions later.

Cheers, Baba

8. sliexx

sliexx Member

Check that you get an OLD lumines, not the patched new version. New one has the exploit removed and is a waste of umd.

If the ordered one wont work out, get to used game stores and get a used old one...Just like i did...

9. babaton

babaton Guest

oh bollocks, I read that the platinum version was ok....

10. babaton

babaton Guest

ok, looks good so far.

Just upgraded to 3.50.So now I wait for my Lumines umd if it's of, I should be able to downgrade to 1.5 right?

Once I'm on 1.5, I can play isos?or do I need to do more jiggery pokery?

11. sliexx

sliexx Member

Well depends on how you look at it :D If you stay on 1.50 you'll be able to play isos with a LOT of jiggery. But if you update to M33 3.51-6 - its gonna be much easier, tidier and less fiddly and and less chance of bricking up...

Update procedure is a bit messed up, looking with fresh eyes, but its doable. Carefully follow instructions in guides, read readme files and you'll be ok.

I suggest you use only guides from afterdawn, because these are tried and true. Cant guarantee anything, but i wouldnt risk other sites for guides...

12. babaton

babaton Guest

righto, Is 3.40 oe-a any good? it had a built in iso loader apparently plus I've seen winstaller versions that look easy to run.

13. Ce_Yu_Pe

Ce_Yu_Pe Regular member

3.40oe-a is good. You just cant play the newer games that require 3.50 3.51 or 3.52. Other than that its nice.

14. babaton

babaton Guest

ah right so maybe 3.51 M33 would be a better option,Once I'm on 1.50 I can install any custom firmware right?

15. babaton

babaton Guest

damn, slight problem, i ran the 1.50 downgrade but when i restarted it came up with a blue screen saying -

Settings information is corrupted. Press O button to reapir and retore deafualt settings

I hit circle and enter and it starts as if it's straight out of the box, except every time i press a button the video cuts out, black screen. It comes back after a few seconds so i can still navigate my psp.

I can see that i am now on 1.50 but whats with this video problem?

Can I run the 1.50 update again or could I update to a custom firmware or is it more serious than that?

I've read talk about corrupted flash files and such.

Please help.

Thanks, Baba

16. foxrider

foxrider Guest

try pressing ur brightness button, when ever i recover to 1.50 the blue screen pops up i press o then the screen goes black i just press the brightness button and i can see it again, try that

17. babaton

babaton Guest

it's ok, i've managed to sort it.
    i ran the m33 3.51 easy installer, everything is fine now.
    It just took a while as the video turned off everytime i pressed a button, had to wait a minute for it to come back on.

Anyhow, i'm there now, thanks to everyone who helped me out with this.

Baba