1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downgrade slim withour fat?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by cosmonkey, Dec 27, 2007.

1. cosmonkey

cosmonkey Member

Im kinda confused, it seems like some people have said theyve modded their PSP slims without a fat psp, but the only guide Ive found about modding the slim says you need a fat one. So, do you need a fat one? I dont wanna start running the pandora programs and such and risk messing up my psp if its pointless.

2. N01NOob

N01NOob Regular member

You're right you can't MOD Slims without a FAT PSP or even a FAT PSP Battery but I think you could MOD the SLIM Battery but I'm not sure search at wwww.psp-hacks.com for more info...
    :)

3. Memnock

Memnock Active member

The reason the guide says you need a fat is you need one to make a Pandora battery. You need a Pandora Battery or the Datel device which is basically the same thing to downgrade a slim PSP. There's no other way.

4. cosmonkey

cosmonkey Member

Alright, so Im stuck for a while then. I dont have access to a fat PSP. But what about the Datel device? What is that, and would it work?

Basically, is there any way to downgrade my slim when all I have is the slim and what it comes with standard? Oh, and a usb cable. Id be willing to spend some money on a pandora battery, if theyre for sale anywhere, or something like that.

5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

The Datel Battery tool is basically the same thing as a Pandora Battery except you have a real company making and selling them. http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog/Datel-Battery-PSP-Tool-Pandoras-Battery-p-2676.html

You can find Pandora battery pretty easily on eBay. For some reason the auctions hit crazy prices like $70 although they usually come with a memory stick with the files on it that you need to downgrade. I see plenty of BINs for the Pandora battery only in the $30 range.

6. logikm

logikm Guest

Thats what im doing. Im going to buy the Datel Pandora Battery and make my own Magic Stick.

7. N01NOob

N01NOob Regular member

Yes that's it.. but it then create your own Magic MS... you could try and use pandora's GUi v1.5 (works on XP only though)or TotalNewbiInstaller ...

8. conker2k

conker2k Member

Hi there,

I have just bought a slim psp and my brother gave me his pandora battery and mem stick but it didn't work for me. I since found out I needed different stuff on the mem stick.

My question is can I re-do the mem stick and still use the existing pandora battery I have without using a fat psp?

Thanks

9. N01NOob

N01NOob Regular member

To use Pandora on SLIMS you need Universal Unbricker v3...
    I think you could still re-use the battery and it'll work the same goes for the battery....(correct me if I'm wrong)