1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downgrade the psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by FireIsrr, Jan 12, 2007.

1. FireIsrr

FireIsrr Member

hello,
    I have version 3.03..the newest....
    I want to downgrade it to sowe thing else...!
    or..to install devhook on version 3.03

thank you

2. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

If its the official Sony 3.03 fw (i.e. Like that when you bought it, or updated from a UMD) then there's nothing you can do. Nothing above 2.8 can be downgraded at present and 3.03 is at the back of the queue so you may be waiting a while.....

3. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

dont hold your breath...

it's going to take a while...

4. statik310

statik310 Guest

THE 2.7 JUST RECENTLY GOT DOWNGRADED SO YEA ITS GONNA BE A WHILE, WORST IF NEW ANTI HACK IMPROVEMENTS WERE MADE BY SONY STAFF

5. chaos2469

chaos2469 Member

sony is getting good , thats for sure, but 3.03 has been decrypted so i think you could hold your breath and mabey get away with it *snicker
    but yeah if its the official fw from sony your fucked for now

6. wazithim

wazithim Member

The way I perceive it is that Sony are twisting the trade descriptions act! Thus breaking European law. I recently was bought a PSP for a xmas gift. Not knowing much about the PSP & it's capabilities I was advised by Sony via their information pack contained with gift to register with their 'yourpsp' site & upgrade my software as soon as possible so that I may enjoy the full potential of gaming & added security. Nowhere was I told any description of what the software contained or that if I did not like it I could return my psp back to the original state of which I received it as new! But get this!

CRACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though Sony are not telling you your statutory rights when you update, they are assuming you know them because your statutory rights have already been told you upon the purchase of their product! (& That is by law, if you are not happy with the service you've been provided or your product becomes faulty within seven days of purchase or upgrade you are entitled to a replacement or a full refund!)BUT! They still should be reminding you of your statutory rights beforehand & they are not! Anyway this site is called 'your psp' & not their's which is another violation because they dont own your psp, you do, so you should have the right to take anything away which they give you! i.e software or games & music etc.

SO the story goes! The first time I installed version 3.03 from my pc via download from yourpsp, 2 days later I performed a restore default setting action on my psp (Why I don't know, I guess I was just curious as to what would happen). At this time I was not aware of different software versions ins & outs/pros & cons. When I come to put my UMD Sonic Rivals Game on after this, MY PSP! told me I had to update the software in order to play it! Then I thought what a B**ta**d! I spent all that time figuring out & registering to update my software & it's been erased & now I'll have to do it all again....

I only did it again didnt I (But I'm not that fussed yet I know some of you are! Now I figure.

1: If you update any software do it without your memory card in the slot. (Because any dates of files stored will conflict with new date entrys on PSP setup later!)

2:Note the exact date & time you installed your software update & the nickname you used at the time!

3:Before conducting a system default restore, change your date & time setting back to say' 1/2 days after the update action was commited. (Make sure memory card is out! also make sure you have the same nickname..)

4:When restore has completed enter the date as 1/2 days after the software update, with the clock time the same as it was when installed.

5:put in Sonic Rivals UMD if need be & see what happens!

It accidently worked for me I hope it does for you. Please bear in mind I have given you the truthful narrative of events that happened to me & my PSP & really by law Sony cannot prevent you within a 7 day period from restoring your original setting of you PSP upon purchase or upgrade!

Although I must say this to you now I cannot be held responsible for any action taken upon my opinion! & If you do commit to an official upgrade, remove it before the 7 days is up, because, i'm no techno buff but their maybe a hidden glitch where the hard memory of the PSP logs all date & times.

God Bless!!!

7. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

i'm sorry... i read your post twice but still dont understand

what exactly happened?

8. wazithim

wazithim Member

I updated to PSP software version 3.03 via download from the 'mypsp' website to my pc, then USB to my PSP... I was able to restore my PSP to the software version before this upgrade by commiting to the restore default action on my PSP after! Within the 7 day trial period! Which Sony do not tell you is possible, within your right to do so...

Hope this helps dude!

9. wazithim

wazithim Member

Sorry I meant www.yourpsp.com

10. wazithim

wazithim Member

By the way, I think now the hard memory does remember your date & time settings. The way to test this is by changing the date & time setting to the past when you know the PSP screen backround was one that you recognise & it will bring it back up again! So maybe tring to change the software version back after the 7 day period will not work! Even if you do change the date & time>>>

11. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

look, what i dont get is that when people upgrade their psp they NEVER bother to read or give a crap about the disclaimer put by the psp websites. im not gonna take it out on you personally but for freaking sakes, if you know that upgrading you psp will NOT allow you to play homebrew, then dont freaking do it! its that simple..it really does get annoying seeing all these threads about downgrading or homebrew on 2.81+ psps.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  12. wazithim

wazithim Member

Simple enough if you know what 'HomeBrew' IS Before you uprgrade!!! Yet I only found out after!!! Cus we are not all s**t hot on the Techno & the likes of us need to know before hand, before we do make the mistake of uprgrading!

13. chaos2469

chaos2469 Member

so let me get this straight,, you can undo the update on your psp by restoring default settings within seven days of updating,, sorry if i dont believe you, but im gonna need some proof.
    if it does work, then mabey instead of making a downgrader for 3.03, just fusk with the psp itself to think its within the seven day trial period, if such a thing does exist, to revert to 1.5.
    ooooo just thinking about it makes me excited,, a 3.03, or i guess any firmware, downgrader,,, brick proof!!!

14. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

there my friend, is why we have google

15. chaos2469

chaos2469 Member

hey tehjoker, lets not slam the noob, you were at one time too so stop being a dick

16. wazithim

wazithim Member

Are you all just so pissed off that someone who did not know what 'home brew' was is able to tell you now a way of downgrading from v.3.03 without all your techno knowledge! Via your own statutory rights!!!! Which you should know, as Sony label the copyright thieves!

17. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

true, but i didnt ask such retarded questions..

ok if this really works, why dont you show some proof?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  18. chaos2469

chaos2469 Member

now, now, dont get too hasty, your meathod hasnt been proven yet so no slamming the leet, not just yet

19. wazithim

wazithim Member

All i'm saying is if you've gone past the 7 day peiod, try my method to restore your previous software version, if it does'nt work tough sh**t atleast you had a go! But most definately! If you upgrade your software you can return your psp, by law, to it's previous software version!>>>....

20. chaos2469

chaos2469 Member

i sould suggest you make a youtube viedo showing the process or nobody will believe you, but then again i guess you dont really care if they believe you or not, but still, viedo evidence would be nice