1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downgrading a 2.81

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jestah57, Feb 28, 2007.

1. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

Sorry guys, im a lil late to this party, and all the searches I ran gives me threads to "is it possible to downgrade a 2.81" thing....

I have a friend who wants to go from 2.81 to a 3.03oec...so can someone link me to the process? or tell me how?

if i have to go the way of 3.03 then use the GTA process...can someone explain to me what an "unpatched" version of the game is? I have the UMD for LCS, bought when the game first came out, but how do I know its unpatched or whatever....
    help is greatly appreciated so thanks in advance!!!!!!

2. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

Dont worry son, daddy's home to stay...lol

nah, really though - congrats and welcome to the cult!!!

a few things first:

You need FW. 1.50 to update to 3.03 OE-C...

what type of motherboard does your psp have? this will be a big factor in determining what downgrader to use....

second....GTA: LCS *unpatched*

the above thread is where I got my info before trying to locate an unpatched version....

if you can get your hands on one mate, then upgrading to & downgrading from 3.03 is a cakewalk...

good luck on your search....pm me if you need help

3. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

gasconade...thanks for the guidance...i have to go get my umd back from my bro in law now....so you are saying that from 2.81...the only way back down to 1.5 is to go up to 3.03, then GTA it back down to 1.5 right?....now begins the search for that faq...

my personal PSP is already at OEC...i am doing this for a friend of mine, who upgraded to 2.81 to play MGS...he didnt know about any of this, until he saw mine....2.71>>1.50>>3.03OEC is no prob for me, but 2,81 i have never done....the mobo on his also is not a TA082 whatever...i checked that first thing...

thanks for your help man!

ps...awesome gif in your sig bro!