1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downgrading a flashed PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by frozae, Jun 6, 2007.

1. frozae

frozae Member

i have a quick question. Because of some physical problems with my psp (for some reason the O button broke slightly and now hangs when you turn it around) i have to find a way to return it to the official firmware in order to return it to the store since i got an extended warranty on it. Yes i know it sucks, ill lose the ability to play backups on the memory stick but its something that must be done. Anyways, anyone know of a way to downgrade the psp back to 1.5 or can i just update the firmware to the official 3.5 firmware. i currently have 3.40oe-a on a TA-082 PSP. I did the downgrade when they came out with the 3.03 downgrader, and according to the info i had read, because it was 3.03 some files were supposed to be left on the psp and reflashing it would cause bricking.

ive also heard they sell separate buttons for it, but opening it would void the warranty on it.

what would you recommend?

2. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

Get the 1.5 recovery Winstaller and run it. Then using the recovery menu, downgrade back to 1.5 and leave it at that.

You cant go from 3.03 to OE back to 3.03, as that causes bricks. You can put it back to 1.5 though.

~Rich

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  3. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

well in a sense you pretty much voided your warranty by fiddling with the firmware to begin with..haha..

**yeah, get it back to 1.5 using the recovery deal, and then up to whatever FW you had when you bought it..look for the code on the box -theres a list somewhere here in the forums which tell you what codes to what firmwares..be sure to do just that or sony will render your warranty void for you, and end up charging you an arm and a leg for that O button!!

**Your other option is to DIY-its not that hard to remove the faceplate and change out the button,-theres a how-to on page one of this forum- hell, you could even get a set of snazzy buttons and a matching faceplate off of eBay???....fuggetaboudit!!

4. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

well if u send it back to sony they'll upgrade ur psp, which sucks, ur warranty is already voided and doing the button switchin would save u more money, u buy them, move along and never pay for a game again:D ... jkz pirating is ilegal :D

5. frozae

frozae Member

yeah i was looking through them and found out that removing the faceplate and the buttons isnt that hard, i thought it was going to be more complicated but i guess not. now im thinking of just changing the buttons all at once, why have to worry about the warranty, i like my psp the way it is and having to wait a long time to downgrade a higher fw would just suck. im thinking of just changing them instead, save myself a lot of money doing it and ill be a lot happier doing that

6. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

indeed...check out ebay,they have some sweet setups for faceplates and buttons-then you would be pimpin...

7. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

lol do u even know what a mother fusk!n pimp is

8. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

sho' enuf do, playa!

9. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

holla playa lol

10. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

If i buy a new psp WILL IT HAVE VERSION 1.00 OR 3.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Neither-the new PSP's now come packaged with the most recent custom firmware, along with every homebrew application and emulator you will ever need....and if you act now, we will throw in a lifetime membership to PSPblender at no extra charge!! Imagine being able to play all the hot new releases, as well as your classic Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and Sega games anytime, anywhere!!! Dont delay!! Supplies are limited!!

12. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

that was halarious dude
    and as for 1 or 3.50 we all no that its logical

13. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

psp blender is a scam im not a dumbass

14. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

was that a joke or what?

15. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

I was just playing along-I didnt know if marlino was serious about the firmware being 1.0 or 3.5 when you buy a new PSP-to answer your question though, I imagine it would be 3.11 and up depending on where you go and how long the units sit on the shelves-you would be pretty hard pressed to even find a new one that you could downgrade right away..who knows though, you may get lucky-check the codes on the box.

16. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

give him a link to codes cumon dude hes a n00b

17. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

is this what you meant?

no letter = 1.0 (Japanese Release) 1.5 (North-American release) confirmed
    A = 1.5 confirmed
    B = 1.51 confirmed
    C = 1.52 confirmed
    D = 1.52 confirmed
    E = 1.52 confirmed
    F = 2.0 confirmed
    G = 2.01 confirmed
    H = 2.50 confirmed
    I = 2.60 confirmed
    J = 2.70 unconfirmed
    K = 2.71 confirmed
    L = 2.81 confirmed
    M = 3.01 confirmed
    N = 3.03 unconfirmed
    O = 3.10 unconfirmed
    P = 3.11 unconfirmed

on the back of the box-there is a label where the UPC bar code is-you will find the letter above the bar code to the right.

Hope this helps..however, the letters could be different from the firmware version-Sony does that to keep you on your toes... Your best bet is to find one on eBay or your local craigslist

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  18. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

not even a link even better for the n00b!!

19. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

i already knew the codes and im not a noob, its just that its not practical for them to already give psp upgraded, it would save them money, but its cuz mine came with fw 1.00

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  20. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

probably because yours was a cheap japanese one off ebay when psps first came out which was version one search ebay there is absolutely loads of 1.5 psps get one of them and not one from the shop so u have homebrew