1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downgrading and custom firmware... is it dangerous?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by todr06, Jul 11, 2007.

1. todr06

todr06 Member

I know it has risks, but how dangerous exactly is it?

2. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

Downgrading is probably the most dangerous thing to do with your PSP; it has the highest brick rate so far. However, there are some out there that take it upon themselves to make it easier for the rest of us and offer fool-proof, step by step guides that have significantly decreased bricks.

The best place with guides for downgrading is:
    http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-hacks-9/t-guidethe-ultimate-downgrader-guide-90916.html

Now, custom firmware is pretty much harmless if you follow the instructions, but there is still a chance that you may brick your PSP. I must say, though, custom firmware is amazing and worth the risk.

3. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

Not true, downgradind has a 8% brick chance. I just donwgraded and upgraded to 3.03 OE-C yesterday.

4. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

Maybe I need to clarify; I wasn't saying that there was a huge chance of him bricking. All I meant was that there's nothing with a higher bricking percentage than downgrading.

Also, I'd like to know where you got your 8% figure; if it was from a success thread, it's most likely flawed or incomplete because it wouldn't include those that try to downgrade without looking at guides or forums to help them.