1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downgrading: just some info please

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by frenxy, Jan 8, 2007.

1. frenxy

frenxy Member

Hi this is my first post here i dont really know much about downgrading technically anyway i just follow the guides as best i can, i have upgraded to 2.82 (yeah i know stupid thing to do) and i know theres no downgrader yet not gonna ask that id just like to know how it actually works really, what i mean is what does it do to your firmware does it just let you install a lower version or does it reset your firmware, my psp was originally a white jap FW 1.0 when i got it would it ever be able to go back down to that or would i have to stick with say 1.5 if and when a DG is available for 2.82/3.0 whichevers first. some people are probably cursing my question thinking i am such a noob..............well i am so there, feel free to correct me in any way

Thanks in advance for any answers :)

2. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

as far as i know all the downgraders replace the flash with whatever is accompanied with the downgrader, rather than reset the firmware.

basically they allow a new firmware to be written to flash. if you ask it to load a 1.50 eboot then you will find yourself on 1.5. check the downgrader you use as they tend to be fixed in what they will take you down to (if they ever do one for 2.81+!!!!)

if you are keen to downgrade then do not upgrade any further, 2.81/2 might be next to be done :)