1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downgrading Questions

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jendrin, Mar 26, 2007.

1. jendrin

jendrin Member

I will downgrade my version 2.00 psp. i know how to downgrade it by using the MPH downgrader and the eboot.pbp file.And then ill upgrae to 3.03 OE-C.but here are my questions:

1.When i downgrade to 1.5 and in the process i bricked my psp,can i access recovery?
    2.Can i transfer the MPH and 1.5eboot to my psp w/o my battery?and can i update w/o the battery too?
    3.Do i need to install the 1.5 recovery on my psp after i install the 3.03 OE-C?
    4.Can i still play my GTA UMD after i sucessfully upgrade to 3.03OE-C?
    5.Lastly, Is it normal that my psp heats up after long hours of playing using my charger?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  2. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

No, You can only recover if you are already running custom firmware and can access the Recovery Menu.

No, You must keep your Battery at full charge and you PSP connected to your AC Adapter at all times when doing a downgrade. If your power supply is disconnected your PSP will not finish writing everything to the f0:/ and you won't be able to boot it.

the Recovery Menu is accessed by holding the "R" shoulder button during bootup from any custom firmware.

You can play all UMD's.

Mine does, Unless it starts melting plastic I wouldnt worry to much.

3. jendrin

jendrin Member

thx for your answers but i think you misunderstood my questions 2 and 3.
    I know how to acces the recovery im just asking if i need to install the 1.5recovery in my psp or i can just leave it in my PC and install it when i need it?(the 1.5 recovery im talking to is the one hexitnow posted.its stickied together w/ the 3.03OE-C update)
    do still need a battery when i m transfering files to my psp from my pc?(eboot.pbp and MPH downgrader contents)
    thx again.I appreciate your reply.

4. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

I haven't done a recovery yet, But my impression is that you only need to run it when you're actually recovering. and by running it I mean through your USB with WinInstaller. And I would always leave the battery in, If you do lose power while your writing you may have to format the entire stick.

5. jendrin

jendrin Member

oh ok.but have you tried or know of someone who tried to transfer files w/o a battery and only an charger?cause i once saw in a forum that when you use a charger while transfering the files from your pc to your psp,the power can disrupt the file transfer and might somehow ruin the file your transfering.but im not sure about this.
    and btw, after i upgrade to 3.03OE-C, can i format my memory card to discard the files used for the upgrade?thnk you very much. your a big help man=)

6. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

This is the first I've ever heard of the no battery thing. But as for formating, its best to format your stick after you have finished the upgrade. Not only will it clean your stick, but it will also create/recreate all the folders and directories you need, including the new ones.

7. Chisle

Chisle Member

you can transfer files without a charger, it is not recommender to do it without a battery...if you have a battery then why transfer without it, the question is irrelevant. and for your second question yes you can format your stick after you upgrade to custom firmware..actually you have to in order to have all the necessary folders...unless you want to make the folders manually, either one works. And to run a recovery...i have done it, you must have the recovery folder in the game folder, then you go to recovery mode and hit run program under psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp and it enters the program for flashing it. you can access your usb in recovery if you do not want to keep the recovery file on your memory stick until you need it; however i keep mine on all the time, along with the 3.03oe-c flasher that way incase i need to recover i can just reinstall that right away

8. jendrin

jendrin Member

thx chislie.i dont have a batery its lost btw.