1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downgrading questions

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by rccolafan, Jul 17, 2007.

1. rccolafan

rccolafan Member

I've been trying to figure out how to downgrade my psp (version 3.11), and im pretty sure I have to get a version of lumines 1 and then upgrade to 3.50. My question is what is the chance of bricking my psp? and I only have a 256mb memory card, but I'm assuming I should be able to play nintendo and super nintendo games, if this is the case, where do you get the emulators/games from? Thanks, sorry if these questions seem really simple.

2. staxx

staxx Regular member

your correct, for the lumines and upgrading to 3.50. Once you get your game you can use this tutorial... http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8427
    It also has the link to the files needed for upgrading from 3.11 to 3.50. Once you've downgraded to 1.50 i would suggest upgrading to 3.03 oe-c or 3.40 oe-a. I recomend reformatting your mem stick after downgrading and after upgrading as well.

In all honesty, the chance of bricking your system is the same as using sony's update. If you do get stuck tho, dont just take a guess on what you feel is gonna work, ask someone for help.

As for the emulators and roms...its illegal to send links to roms but for emulators you can go here http://www.pspbrew.com/?page=downloads&cid=3632

3. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I'm glad to see people actually looking around now, before saying;

I applaud you! Anyways there is a very small chance of brickage if you actually follow the readme and don't decide to take your battery out for fun because you were bored. =D

4. rccolafan

rccolafan Member

k, thanks for the help guys.