1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downgrading the PSP from 3.10

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mashud51, Feb 2, 2007.

1. mashud51

mashud51 Member

Hi there guys, I'm a new student to the world of PSP for about 2 weeks. When I bought the system it came with version 2.79, but then I looked on the internet and found out that there was v.3.10. So without knowing anything about homebrewing (which I just found out about), I updated it to 3.10.

Is there a way I can downgrade this version to 1.5, if so can you pleeez tell me the website and when it comes out.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. hpo56

hpo56 Regular member

I forgot that i could PM if you check your email you won't get any spam. cause im just a lil kid (10 yrs old lol)
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  4. mashud51

mashud51 Member

Sorry I didn't know that we aren't supposed to put emails here.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  5. junkdude

junkdude Regular member

u rnt supposed to post e-mail addresses in the forums its strikly provibited plse remove it before mods do somthing to u!!!if u ask y he asked to give one and i'll tell u there is PM(privet message) for tht!
    mashud r u from bd cause ur name sounds like tht!!if u r then plse pm me!!if not then ignore my words!!! :)
  6. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

theres no downgrader why woudl you give him your email? this site will post it when there is a downgrader...
  7. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

Well version 3.10 is already decrypted so it won't be long before a downgrader comes out.
  8. GSoulja

GSoulja Member

ok, i kinda have the same stry . i dont know much about homebrews and stuf, but what u just said...does that mean i should upgrade to 3.10 from 3.03?? i herd about GTA havin somethin in it that lets you downgrade so what should i do? upgrade or not??
  9. Eisherz

Eisherz Regular member

Never, under no circumstances upgrade with an official sony firmware. Buy the unpatched original version of GTA Liberty City Stories on ebay, do a downgrade to 1.50, upgrade to any custom firmware you want if you want to or use DevHook and sell GTA Liberty City Stories on ebay again after the downgrade.
  10. mashud51

mashud51 Member

junkdude: As a matter of fact I am from bd. Ur one of the few ppl who can recognize a bd person. Thanks.
  11. mashud51

mashud51 Member

On top of having version 3.10, I also have a TA-082 motherboard. I hear that if anyone downgrades a TA-082, then they can seriously brick the psp, but there are also who say that they've actually downgraded it. So if they do come out with a 3.10 downgrade, then will it be safe for my psp to be downgraded even with TA-082.

Another question is that people who downgrade to 1.5, are they able to play homebrew games and emulators with 3.03OE-C. On top of that are they able to enjoy all the benefits of the real Sony updates with 3.03OE-C instead.
  12. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

um...how is it possible to miss the 'ta-082 downgrade' threads? lol, there popping up everywhere and yes, it is downgradeable. but before you ever upgrade again....DONT. simple as that if you want homebrew.
  13. mashud51

mashud51 Member

Does this mean that all homebrew versions of the update that are going to come out are going to be TA-082 compatible?
  14. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

yes because newer psp have ta-082 or ta-086 motherboards.
  15. junkdude

junkdude Regular member

3.03OE-C have all the functions of 3.03(official)+more and more and more!!!!!!its the best fireware a psp could have untill now!!!
  16. deejizzle

deejizzle Guest

omg.. 3.03 juss got downgraded and already the noob questions.. this sucks.
  17. mashud51

mashud51 Member

Hey man, I'm knew to this psp junk (as you can see by my status of a "Newbie", but don't think that I'm asking these "stupid questions" without doing some research. If there is something that I don't understand; I ask it.
  18. mknapper1

mknapper1 Member

simply stated don't upgrade to a firmware by sony, just always go with dark-alex he is practically god... i have a ta-082 and i have downgraded and upgraded with custom firmwares like a dozen times now... so unless is clearly states not to use a ta-082 you should be good... but there is always that chance of bricking no matter wat mobo you have.
  19. attias6

attias6 Guest

Hi,

I just bought a new PSP (yesterday. I bought the Entertainment Pack (ATVE Offroad Furry Blazin' Trails, Lords of Dogtown, a 1GB Memory Stick Duo and it also came with the game LocoRoco (300$ Canadian).

LocoRoco tells me I have to upgrade to 2.71 to play it but is there a way to play the game on 1.50 (Same thing with Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (makes me upgrade to 2.00))?

Thank you
    Aviv
  20. attias6

attias6 Guest

I also have another question: how do get to 3.03 OE-B. I'm currently in 2.71 but I can downgrade to 1.50 with no trouble. So how do I get there?

Thank you,
    Aviv
  21. junkdude

junkdude Regular member