1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downgrading the PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by seewhydee, Jan 23, 2007.

1. seewhydee

seewhydee Member

Hello all, I'm new at this so go easy on me please. :)

I figured out how to downgrade from 3.03, but it goes by thinking way outside the box and also may only be available to a few of you. I bought my PSP from BestBuy sometime last year and it came with version 1.5. I was as unsuspecting as any other regular platform gamer with limited to little knowledge of any of the PSP's online hackabilities so I eagerly downloaded the newest version content that Sony were worth putting my faith in to. Low and behold after researching the means of acquiring specific online material for my PSP, I realized the error. Thankfully, I took BestBuy's product replacement plan which entitles me to a complete hardware replacement exactly as purchased. Now I say exactly as purchased because initially, the IT guy I spoke with at BestBuy was sure that I'd have to have to settle for a PSP with the lastest software already integrated but when I went in to the stipulations stated clearly in the PRP (Product Replacement Plan) they had no choice but to send me a PSP with the original software. Now before anyone asks, I can't get YouTube footage of this cause I'm sure to look like an idiot going back a second time with a camcorder to iillustrate the legitimacy of my claim, but for those of you who are truly on here to come about a way of downgrading, sometimes technical knowhow isn't required... although it is useful 99% of the rest of the time. Just a suggestion to those who may be able to use it. And so you all know, most PRP's last two years. Best of luck. :)

2. PIH

PIH Guest

Actually that's good but how would you go about doing so if they is nothing wrong with the psp. Would you purposely have to brick the psp? With a 2.81, i'd rather wait a month or two more if even that rather then get a new psp which would take weeks anyways.

3. imadudeok

imadudeok Regular member

this is a useless post....

4. seewhydee

seewhydee Member

Do you make a habit of replying to useless posts? Why don't you do the entire population of this site a favour and save your petty and useless comments for a site more suited to your level of mentality... like one of the Sesame Street forums.

5. seewhydee

seewhydee Member

To answer your question PIH, the beauty of a product replacement plans is that you get what you pay for. When you buy a product replacement plan, all you have to do is say that something is up with your PSP (be it that a button sticks, problems with the UMD dorr... etc) and then what they do is send you a gift certificate in the amount that you paid for your psp, taxes included, when you recieve it they also send you a pre-postage paid envelope. Once they've recieved your psp, they activate the card, no questions asked.

6. imadudeok

imadudeok Regular member

you dont need a replacement plans... you just return it back and you exchage it and its not a solution to downgrade the 3.03 version so yea stfu

7. imadudeok

imadudeok Regular member

ohh and encourage people to broke their psp is realy stupid too.

8. seewhydee

seewhydee Member

First of all, learn how to speak proper english. Pluralizing a singular automatically qualifies you for the spastastic league. Second of all, get a better name.. because going around trying to prove to everyone that you're a dude by claiming fame to the name, leaves yourself open to fall victim to the belief that you're playing for the wrong team. And third and lastly, had you actually taken the time to read and derive some kind of intelligible information from what I wrote, you would have deciphered that I was in no way encouraging people to "breaks their psp" as you put it. You know, before I did a random search to see about downgrading my psp, I had never even heard of this site. Does it make you feel good about yourself? Coming on here and spouting useless demoralizations to people who are genuinely trying to help people? Because you do realize that's the point of these posts right? To HELP people who are using them. You buddy have some serious maturity issues. Maybe lack of breastfeeding who knows but sort yourself out pal.

9. franklyn3

franklyn3 Guest

hey can your help me downgrade my psp from 2.5 to 1.5