1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downgrading Trouble

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by gregy0, Jan 1, 2008.

1. gregy0

gregy0 Member

Ok ive read and read and read but nothign seems to let me run the pandora battery maker. To my u nderstanding if you made a magic memory stick using the total newbie easy install program then you wouldnt need another psp to do this job. I have the Silver Daxter slim psp . And everytime i try to run the program it installs the software files but it will not execute. It says the game could not be started. Now my questions is why will it not let me run the program. My psp is running version 3.71. Is it not possible to do this on the psp slim silver ? Can someone send me some links cause ive been everywhere from here to youtube looking for a way to do it . I do everythign as instruckted but it still leads me back to the game not being able to run (when i say game i mean the pandora battery installer.) If anyone has any suggestions just let me know the help is worth it , because if i cant mod the psp im just goign to return it lol Thats only reason i got it haha thanks.

2. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You can not run the Pandora Battery Creator application on an official Firmware PSP.

You have 3 options...

1) Find someone that has a custom firmware PSP that will create the Pandora Battery for you.

2) Buy a Datel Tool Battery ( which is a service mode battery that acts the same as a Pandora battery).

3) Hardmod the Battery to a Pandora Battery (if it is compatible to be hardmodded).

4. gregy0

gregy0 Member

So you cant modify the battery and still get this acomplished . There is no way to do it with just one psp ? There so many threads say yes you can and so many so no you cant it just confusing lol

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You can accomplish this with just 1 PSP if you buy a Datel Tool Battery or Hardmod the Battery to a Pandora Battery.

6. gregy0

gregy0 Member

ive opened up the battery it has the same chip set and the ico4 chip i think is the name of it .. if i removed the 5th pin of that then will it let me run the pandora program through service mode ? i dont care if i have a battery right now as long as i could still plug it up to the wall i will buy a battery if acomplish modding it lol

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If it looks like the same image as whatever guide your looking at then yes clipping the 5th PIN should send it into service mode.

If you go HERE and use the PSP SLIM image and solder the wire to where it says to solder it to you can bring it to service mode. Then after take off the wire to bring it back to normal.

8. gregy0

gregy0 Member

im not to good at soldering but my battery does look like the slim one in image 2 on that link.. To my understading the 5th pin would be the one on the bottom right side of the image Correct ? and if i get rid of this i should be able to create teh battery and magic memory stick then ??? Sorry guys first thing ive ever modded well since a playstation years ago lol haha thanks for the help

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Yes you should be correct.

10. gregy0

gregy0 Member

Hey thanks guys its really appreciated. So im jus goign to use the newbie easy installer ill be back in 30 or so minutes. Any good tips on pulling the pin out easy ???? Ill let u know how it goes.

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

HERE is a guide for the Universal Unbricker V3 easy installer.

If you have the original Universal Easy installer you won't get video support for SLIM and will need to do a blind install.

If you use the guide I provided above it includes Universal Unbricker V3 which gives video support for SLIM so you can see what your doing.

12. gregy0

gregy0 Member

ok when i put my battery in should it auto power on as a pandora battery ?? and i did that and got all the neccasry things installed but the screen is black when it pwoers up ?? What did i do wrong ?

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Did you use the guide I provided in my last post?

If you used the orignal Universal Unbricker easy installer then the screen will not come on becuase it dosent have PSP SLIM video support.

The guide I provided will install Universal Unbricker V3 which has screen support for the PSP SLIM.

14. gregy0

gregy0 Member

yeah i used the one that you linked me too but the thing is when i put the battery in the light comes on automticaly(does this mean its not working or is working ) and it doesnt read fromt he memory card slot the green light is the only one that shows up ?? any suggestions ??? but yeah i followed all the instrucdtions that u linked me too.

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Yeah the green power LED should come on.

Try using a different memory Stick for the Magic memory Stick.

Also if your using Vista as an OS for your PC this could cause issues as well. it is best to use XP.

16. gregy0

gregy0 Member

ok i think i know where the problem may reside, i had download the files last night and thought it was the same installer as the one in the link this one is version 2.0.1 would that make the diffrence in teh stick booting up i figured even though the light was on it should still recogonize a memory card being inserted i hope that its not the card though cause its the only one i got with it . But im downloading redownloading the link u sent me and ive deleted the things i tried last night. So basically all i should have to do is.. make the memory stick via usb turn my psp off and then put in the battery and it should boot up via memory stick ?

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

18. gregy0

gregy0 Member

I have tried everythign in this forum n and psp still will not read from the memory card when booting up with the mod battery . Any more suggestions i ran easy installer on the card drug and drop the add on folder . Followed all instructions but still when i put in the modded battery nothing but green light. no other signs of activity.Help is needed or im just goin to sale it on ebay lol Please help thanks lol

19. gregy0

gregy0 Member

is it possible that my battery is not converted properly cause it gets the files on to the psp when the power supply is plugged in it wont run them though becuas eit says game cannot start . But when i put the battery in in hopes to run them nothing .. not reading from the memory just coming on with green light . and black screen. Suggsetions ? if there any specs i can give just let me know... i just want to get this done lol

20. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try using a diffrent Memory Stick.

You know how many people have this issue and it ends up being the Memory Stick.