1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downgrading won't work...at all, multiple FW's

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Seroth, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Seroth

Seroth Guest

ok, my current problem is this one:

I've tried several downgrades, none of them work.
    I've tried several upgrades in order to try other downgrade programs, but to no avail.

I install the downgrade files on my psp root directory as instructed by a readme or as done by some of the easy downgraders out there. They usually require you to open a file in the photo directory (the other downgrader where you need an unpatched GTA VCS is not an option for me, don't have it, can't rent it anywhere, don't know anyone who does have it).

I go into the photo directory, try to boot up the xloader file, some of the time it says the data is corrupted, and when I do manage to make it 'TRY' opening it, my psp freezes, then crashes. After a reboot, my firmware is still the same version, and the eboot still won't run.

Any idea how this is possible? I thought downgrading was a fairly simple process (okay, there is the possibillity to brick your psp, but with all the guides I've recently found, just following the simple instructions should do)...but I just can't get it to happen?

I started out with 2.60, that downgrade couldn't be completed cuz I don't own an unpatched GTA. I upgraded to 2.71, tried the easy downgrader, didn't work. Now I've upgraded to 2.80, tried the easy downgrader for 2.8, doesn't work either. What the hell is the problem? is it my psp? I can't see any text like it's shown on the picture so I should have a compatible one right?

Can anyone help me with this?

2. fultonla

fultonla Guest

if you even read the instructions if it freezes the first time you have to try again tiff loading is very unstable

3. Seroth

Seroth Guest

if you would even read my post you would realize that I have done this. I'm not gonna try multiple FW's for nothing you know. But I figure, after 20-odd tries it's safe to say that it doesn't frickin' work. 20 tries with like, EVERY downgrader I installed. Checked the battery, reformatted, installed again, keep on loading the tiff, doesn't work, boot up my psp again, try to load tiff, doesn't work, reboot, load tiff...reboot...repeat process x100.

I'm not stupid. I might be new to this whole downgrading thing but I know how to follow simple instructions. I've tried to load it just now (like, a couple minutes ago) for like, 10 times atleast, to no avail. It can't be THAT unstable now can it?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2007
  4. fultonla

fultonla Guest

well you are either incredibly unlucky or i have no fricken clue lol sorry cant help

your last resort is to use the 3.03 downgrader which is compatible with all psp's. you could try renting gta lcs?

5. Seroth

Seroth Guest

Well, I live in the netherlands. The only place we can ever rent games is at a videostore, but they provide only a small amount of games, if they have any at all, that is. And the ones that do rent out games next to films usually only rent out PS2 and/or xbox games. Haven't seen any psp ones anywhere so far. I've already bought the GTA LCS version the stores sell over here, and all of those are probably the patched version (like mine is), so buying it again is probably not an option either, unless I find a really old unpatched version

6. Odinn

Odinn Member

If you really want to downgrade just buy an unpatched version of it off of ebay.

7. maDdoggnz

maDdoggnz Regular member

ok i recomend you try this When you select the photo insted on actuly choosing the photo JUST Go to the CAMERA icon on your psp were your photos are stored Then scroll down to were it says MEMORY STICK Then PRESS TRIANGLE and choose SLIDESHOW and it should start the tiff file for you if it dosent work first time try a few more times.And if it still dosent work i dont know what else you could do hope it works for ya. I had the same problem with that downgrader the first time i tryed it. Try what i said and let me know if it helped THIS is for the 2.80 downgrader as well i got the one i used off noobz.eu
    HERES A LINK FOR THE EASY INSTALLER http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1040 GOODLUCK

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  8. Seroth

Seroth Guest

Slideshow doesn't work, atleast not with the 2.80 downgrader I've got installed right now. I'll try the one from your link, see if that one works...

9. maDdoggnz

maDdoggnz Regular member

ok let me know if you get it working keep trying it using SLIDESHOW also :)

10. Seroth

Seroth Guest

it worked! it finally worked! Used slideshow with the downgrader you linked and voila, HEN-D loaded and the downgrader got me back to 1.5 flawlessly. Thanks for all the help mate!

11. fultonla

fultonla Guest

thats great news!

you should now upgrade to a custom firmware i recomend using the easy installer in my sig.

12. maDdoggnz

maDdoggnz Regular member

glad to here it helpd :) i also recomend upgrading to a custom firmware have funn my fellow gamer lol;) (buy the way i must say you were very luck not to have bricked with all the trying downgraders that werent working VERY LUCKY)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007