1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Download HD WMV from the newsgroups

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Memnock, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Memnock

Memnock Active member

There are just starting to show up now. I've seen about 5 full length HD movies in WMV posted in alt.binaries.hdtv.repost in the last week. As time goes by I'm sure more will be posted everywhere. Hopefully we'll see and HDTV.WMV newsgroup soon. Converting that stuff is a pain.

2. iMAXimus

iMAXimus Member

ive watched 2 wmv-hd movies via my 360, T2 and Fifth Element. i really want to avoid converting all the other hd movies, but will have to do it.

Where are some direct downloads (instead of torrents) or the 5 movies you have that I can watch?

3. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

In the newsgroups. He gave you the directory that they're in. Also, try alt.binaries.movies.hdtv and alt.binaries.movies.hdtv.x264

4. iMAXimus

iMAXimus Member

Beautiful! I never knew about this internet format not to mention the newsgroup thing. Watching Flight Plan on the 360 and Total Recall.

I'm using Giganews, but are there any news servers that are just as abundant that are free of charge?