1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Download ring or music to my cellphone from my PC

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by papolo, Nov 10, 2004.

1. papolo

papolo Member

Hi, I want to know if there is any software for free that let me download any ringer or music from my PC to my cellphone

2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

If you have the cable you can use Bitpim

3. BigHawk

BigHawk Member

ok, for the benefit of those of us, specifically me, who have no idea what bitpim is, please clarify. is this a software application, and if so, where would one obtain a copy of it? Thanx

4. Gmini400

Gmini400 Member

yeah, I would like to know to...all this jibberish but no talk...

5. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

BitPim allows you to network your phone with your computer.

To do this first you'll need to buy the correct data cable for your phone, you can find them at most radio shacks.

Then, go to http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/ and download a free copy of Bitpim. It's a pretty straight forward program to use, but if you're having problems I'd check their help section at http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/help/

This will allow you to download ringtones wallpapers to your cell phone all for the price of the data cable, which runs around $20.

6. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

You can visit various reputable online retailors and get a cable for less than $20US including shipping. Also, I've read in the Motorola forums that for some odd reason the Radioshack cables don't work well.

I purchased a cable for my wife's V400 at www.cellphoneshop.net for about $15 including shipping. It can be had for even less than that if you're willing to deal with ebay folks. If your phone has a mini-usb port on it AND you have a digital camera or camcorder with mini-usb, the cable should work fine. It works great on my V220.

That's a good tip on bitpim. I use Motorola mobile phone tools, but I may have to give this a shot.

7. Gmini400

Gmini400 Member

Why dont the radio shack cables work? Whats the difference with purchasing them online or here???

8. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

I have no idea what the problem could be with those cables. Those in the forums who admittedly bought cables at Radioshack had problems with them according to the forum posts in the Motorola forum. When they got the cable from somewhere else everything seemed to work fine. Also, why pay more than you have to? If you need it "now", then go ahead and fork over the $$. Also, if you purchase a Radioshack cable, let us know of your experience. If it works, then GREAT!

9. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

I was going to try out BitPim, but it appears to NOT be compatible with Motorola phones. Here is something from the BitPim website.

10. Gmini400

Gmini400 Member

Although it doesnt say motorola phones on the menu you can still click "other cdma". Try that out and tell me what happens, if it works for you I will go down and buy a data cable my self.

11. Gmini400

Gmini400 Member

I bought the motorola data cable from radioshack and it says it needs USB driver software. They had it at radioshack...for another 20 bucks so i said screw it and didnt want ot buy it. Does anyone know where to download it from??

12. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Gmini400, check your PM.

13. Gmini400

Gmini400 Member

hey rockdawg check ur PM

14. Gmini400

Gmini400 Member

Here is the problem i have found about the cables you would go down and buy at Radio Shack...the cables themselves are 22 plus tax so 25 dollars...then it says inm order for the usb cable to work it needs a program, however unless you want to spend another 25 dollars on something you most likely will not use, then you are screwed. So I bought just the cable with out the 25 dollar program and it doesnt work. When i stick the usb in it says ,"new hardware found" and I dont have a cd to install this new hardware...

15. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

That's when you point the Hardware Wizard to the directory you downloaded and unzipped the USB Modem Drivers in. Then it will install the drivers for your phone.

Then you need to install the Mobile Phone Tools.

16. Gmini400

Gmini400 Member

Uh...i tried doing what you said..."That's when you point the Hardware Wizard to the directory you downloaded and unzipped the USB Modem Drivers in. Then it will install the drivers for your phone." But when i pointed it, it searched but said there was nothing their...

17. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

18. yzrider

yzrider Member

does anyone know of anyway to tell how much memory is left on the phone from bitpim. I filled my phone up with too many ringtones before and it locked up and would freeze at the startup logo screen. i got a new phone now and i don't want it to happen again.

19. novicebb

novicebb Regular member

@Wagz
    Is the bitpim unlimited downloads of wallpaper and music? Is this real music and polytonic tones? Also anygames can be downloaded?

20. yzrider

yzrider Member

bitpim is a program that you use to put wallpapers and ringtones on your phone. Bitpim will convert music you have into ringtones. It converts them to real tones and then you put them on your phone. They do not have a way to put on games that i know of yet