1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloaded a movie- audio not synch

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by soban, Jul 22, 2003.

1. soban

soban Member

hi guys

i downloaded a movie and its audio is not in sych. now how do i fix it?

All the other solutions relate to the ripping or burning problem so i really dont know what to do. please help me.
    thanks

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

You can try adjusting the video framrate although this would be a trial and error "solution" ... perhaps something to do with an AC3 filter also (i have no idea but i recall reading about AC3 messing with synchronization)

3. avoidz

avoidz Member

Sometimes the movie just hasn't been encoded well enough, and the two streams are out of synch. I used NanDub not so long ago to correct a/v synch problems. I had to extract the audio stream to a WAV, then convert it to an MP3, then re-save it to an AVI file.

4. soban

soban Member

thanks guys i used avifix that solved the problem but i cant stress enough to have a back up copy before u use avi fix. i used it on a movie and some how it ate the half of the movie so be really careful.

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Yes very tru... whenever you use "automated correction" utilities (i.e., Avifixed, DivFix), always make a backup! :)