1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloaded a psp iso. Now what?!?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ero916, Apr 20, 2007.

1. ero916

ero916 Member

Im new to this, so bare with me. I recently downloaded Monster hunter on isohunt and it has all these zip files.Is there a program that i need to make all these files come together into an iso? if so, can someone run me through it?

2. Frog1

Frog1 Regular member

yea 'winzip' is good get that and then just right click on the first zip file and extract. winzip will then extract all the files into one iso.

3. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

I don't think anyone is going to care if your "new" sorry if i sound a bit harsh, but so many people say there "new" and it kinda gets annoying. Use WinRar and select all of the files, and extract to get the full .iso of the game. Then if your running custom firmware or devhook put the .iso in the ISO folder on your PSP.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2007
  4. Frog1

Frog1 Regular member

didnt i just answer that?

5. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Its a very similar answer but from my experience WinZip only extracts .zip and what he downloaded were most likly .rar since its much easiar to make multiple .rar files for downloading stuff. I am yet to find a PSP game which contains multiple .zip files. WinRar is the most commonly used. Correct me if im wrong, but im quite sure Winzip only extracts .zip and pretty much anything else, not sure if it extracts .rar since i use WinRar. Either way both answers will should work, but the first post from ero isn't very specific.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2007
  6. Frog1

Frog1 Regular member

yea you are probably right anyhoo he will have all bases covered now anyway.

7. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

I think both of us have practically the same answer, i just need to find out if WinZip extracts .rar files.

8. ero916

ero916 Member

didnt solve the problem. theres just a bunch of winrar files in the folder. I guess i have to do something with cmd. and naming the folders .iso according to how many you have i.e 1.iso, 2.iso. Is there a better tutorial or program that just does this automatically?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  9. ero916

ero916 Member

Response for Frog1: Appreciate the fast response; it did help, could you be a bit more specific though? What should I do after I extract the file?

Response for MidnightJ: I also really appreciate your response but, I’m not custom to walking into a forum as a stranger without introducing myself, I'll keep that in mind next time.

Hello again MidnightJ ~ Frog1,
    It’s your friendly forum newbie. I played with the file a bit longer and noticed that the long list of .RAR files are actually all threaded together. Once you open one of the files, it’s an easy extract shot to the desktop (like you fella's said).

Here’s where I’m lost. I now have a single .ISO file that can be opened with .RAR and have no idea to what to do with it. I know I need to convert the .ISO file into a .CSO file but, I haven't been able to find any directions. If it’s not too much trouble could you provide some guidance for me? Thanks again for your time! (Negative responses appreciated!)

10. Reitfor

Reitfor Guest

Alright, now you will extract that too. And you should come with a folder called Psp_GAME and a UMD Data. If you get that after extracting then post it so. PS: Sorry! Just extract the .iso into your ISO Folder of your psp and you should be able to play. CSO and ISO are some how similar and psp knows both. So runs both.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2007
  11. AnalogX

AnalogX Member

.CSO's are compressed ISO files... kind of like ziping or raring an ISO.

You can download a tool called PSP ISO Compressor which can compress you're ISO into a CSO which would save you space on you're memory stick.

12. ero916

ero916 Member

Reitfor, it worked just fine, I would have slapped the .ISO into the PSP to see if it would work but, I don't want to cause any permanent damage to my PSP. You rock!

AnalogX, thank you for clearing that up, ISO is a compressed form of CSO, didn't realize that. Thanks for your assistance!

Thanks again everyone!

13. lanxlan2

lanxlan2 Member

u might just have to extract ur ISO ir CSO thts wat i did.

if u have winrar clk ur ISO/CSO thn clk extract file here

14. AnalogX

AnalogX Member

No its the other way around a CSO = ISO but compressed.

when you take an ISO and compress it... it turns into a CSO.

Both will work just fine, but a CSO is smaller than an ISO because it is compressed.

15. ero916

ero916 Member

My bad, i caught what you meant i was just typing it all out fairly fast. Wanted to jump into the PSP world again. CSO = Compressed form of ISO, gotcha!

16. xFlamex

xFlamex Regular member

if your going to ask questions like that dont do it on afterdawn forums...

they really dont like the use of pirated software on here...

from one newb to another...

17. AnalogX

AnalogX Member

I agree, you can just read between the lines.

18. unique12

unique12 Member

i uncompressed the cso using umd gen but it doesnt make one iso file it make the file psp_game folder and umd data which cannot be played on my psp v3.03oec need help thnkjs