1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloaded an iso image...but tried burning with no luck

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by reefer79, Oct 22, 2004.

1. reefer79

reefer79 Member

Downloaded THUG2 and it came as an iso image file.Its over 3 gigs big. After reading alot of these threads I decided to use DVD Decrypter to burn the ISO image. However I am getting nowhere. With Decrypter i get this error message as soon as the lead in is written saying : I/O error, invalid address for write. I tried Nero 6, used the write ISO option, and was told the file was to big. Then after I explored a burned game my friend had I noticed the files in his were not iso but IOP, system files and a bunch of other stuff. So i extracted the files from within the ISO image I had, only to have several failed extraction, and burned what did extract. I got the playstation screen to boot but then a black screen followed. Help...

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

lol, iso is an image of the actual disc. Iso is not what a game is made up of. It would be a million times easier just to get ahold of an original and copy that.

3. reefer79

reefer79 Member

thanks for that, really. anyways i unzipped the iso with winrar and it worked. I then proceeded to burn an iso dvd with nero, and it workd. My only problem now is that the game is in PAL while my system is NTSC. Do you know of any way to convert it during the burning process?

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

are you using Swap Magic?

5. reefer79

reefer79 Member

no, should I? If so what and where can I get it?

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

shop around...search on google. modchipstore.com sold me mine. i've been pretty happy with them. they supposedly allow you to play pal games on an ntsc setup, although i've never done that.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]if only i was half wolf...
    [​IMG]
    Antec SOHO II Server Case w/ 400w psu
    AMD Athlon 2600+ & Seagate 80GB HDD
    Windows XP and a few other goodies[/small]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2004