1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloaded avi movies to dvd9 disc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fulla, Jun 9, 2007.

1. fulla

fulla Member

does anyone know how i can burn my converted,downloaded movie onto a dvd9 disc please.
    using nero vision express to convert but wont allow me to burn onto a 8.5 gb dual layer disc.any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Try to google it. Worked for me. Try typing something like avi to dvd9. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2007
  3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I cannot see why you cannot burn your AVI files to DVD9 using NeroVision...I do it all the time (using DVD5). The normal size of a movie in AVI format is around 700/750 mb which will fit onto DVD5.

What is the message you are receiving.

4. fulla

fulla Member

thanx for the reply.i understand that the avi will fit onto a dvd5 disc.
    i have done that with a single movie download,but when a movie is in 2 parts,i would like to burn it to a dvd9 disc rather than have the quality reduced to fit onto a dvd5 disc.in the case of 2 parts nv says its to big to fit a dvd5 but will fit dvd9.i want to burn both to make the movie complete.does this make sense.

5. prophizy

prophizy Member

2 parts movie? y not put the 2 part together to become one since you'll be using a dvd9. I'll try to find a software but i think nero has one just not sure though. also your saying u cant burn to dvd9? what does it say? insufficient memory? if thats the case u just need to click a tab on the bottom right of the size meter and choose dvd9. hope this helps.

6. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

convertxtodvd2 will do the job for you, also both parts of your file will fit on a single sided dvd5