1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloaded avi's with .SUB files...ack!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pavement, Apr 7, 2005.

1. pavement

pavement Member

This is a total newbie question, I guess. I downloaded a couple of avi's with SUB, IDX, and SFV files, and although this has probably been answered many times, I couldn't find the appropriate posts. I am going to convert the avis to dvd and then burn with Nero Vision Express. Does anyone know how to add the subtitles using this program? Or, I dunno, another program like decrypter, shrink, etc?

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Pavement,
    First of all you will need to convert the files. I did a google search " for SUB, IDX, and SFV files" and found out how to do it and also the programs needed to do this.

Latest ffdshow or latest vobsub.
    TMPGenc

You also could try VSO DIVXtoDVD ( beta d/l on this site) but no guarantee w/ that one but it is worth a try as the price is right ( free)

3. new2video

new2video Member

Hi Car.Mike

Aren't both FFDShow and VobSub for playback on the PC only?

Pavement trying to burn the subtitle on to the DVD disc and playback on a standalone dvd player.

DVDSanta has offer such feature but I am haveing problem to get it to work. I think the problem is related to too much codec drivers on my system...

my 2 cents....

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

DVDSanta will do.

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

dvd santa quilty isnt as good as divxtodvd / nero,

avi2dvd wil except subs!

6. new2video

new2video Member

Hi Rotary

I've tried the avi2video, they don't seem to support .sub, when I tried the subtitle feature, the .sub is not in the list. I saw the .srt.

So I went ahead to use the .sub anyway, it sounded like it was working, it tooked about 4 hours because I forgot to remove the 2 pass.

When it finially completed, I saw the Audio_TS and Video_TS directories but they were empties.

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

its abit buggy but use FILM MACHINE is uses subs and very simarlar to avi2dvd !

8. tamden

tamden Guest

I only use 2 programs when converting 2 avs and subs to dvd. Heres what i do and it works every time!
    Before using these programs i had sync probs with audio and subs but no more probs now!

Install a program called VobSub as this will force the subtitles.
    Install Canopus Procoder 2.This prog supports all files!!!!!
    Make sure when you unpack the download that you have the 2 avis and the subs files in exactly the same folder.
    There is no need to join these either as Canopus will do this for you.
    Start Canopus Procoder and put a tick in the stitch box as this will join the files together,
    then choose a target which will be dvd PAL or whatever you wish to do then click convert and choose a path for output
    if you don't choose a path then the default path is my documents. Then hit convert! watch the first 5 mins you should
    see the subtitles being tranconded with the movie, if so then unclick preview as this will slow down convertion.
    Its as Simple as that.