1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloaded from kazza (.avi) and cant seem to convert it into a .vob file.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Sonyvaio1, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Sonyvaio1

Sonyvaio1 Member

I downloaded some movies from Kazzalite and I tried to burn them using Nero 5.5 but the movies are in .avi format and I need to contert them into a .vob but I having alot of trouble finding a program that'll work.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

NO

You'll find a program to convert it to MPEG tho

I havent done this so far as it's inferior video quality compared to straight DVD Rip so I couldn't speculate as to which program was best at converting .avi to .mpeg

3. Frostbite

Frostbite Member

try tmpgenc or ulead movie factory,both will do it.

frosty

4. 3699wat

3699wat Guest

So far I have not downloaded any larger files from KZ that had no problems. All were AVI(?) files and were converted with Tempgenc, but neither NERO or the program that came with my PC (Sony Click to DVD) will accept the file to burn it to a DVD disk or burn them and leave me with an incomplete movie. I converted other (smaller)files from KZ and other sources and had no problems. Maybe I'm doing something or wrong, but I have the feeling I'm waisting my time and disks.

5. Nuke

Nuke Member

I've done this with downloaded movies and it worked for me.

Used TMPGEnc's wizard to convert to DVD.

Used Ulead DVDMovie Factory 2.0. Add Video file created by TMPGEnc then choose replace audio and add the audio created by TMPGEnc.

Instead of choosing to make disc and burn I create dvd files (VIDEO_TS folder and so on) on hard disc because the files created by Ulead are bigger then 4.7 Gb. Then use DVD2One to shrink them and burn with Nero. Good quality Divx, Xvid will make good quality dvd, better than VCD.

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Nice post there Nuke.

Cheers