1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloaded isos burn but not dumped isos

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by wtfmanwtf, Nov 15, 2007.

1. wtfmanwtf

wtfmanwtf Member

hello everyone

I had been downloading isos to back up the games I already have since I don't want my siblings scratching up the originals. These downloaded isos just take a while to download but burn perfectly (HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GCA-4080N) on DVD+R media and on the lowest speed setting.

however, downloading took way too long so I purchased an LG-8164b and am connecting it via USB 2.0 external enclosure. the dumping process using rawdump 2.0 works perfectly and I am left with an iso image.

But the problem comes with the burning. Using the same settings as the downloaded isos, these dumped isos do not burn at all. I usually get to the step of writing compatibility (which does not even happen on the downloaded isos) and it stops there with a disc writing error.

I also updated the firmware for my dvd-rw and the downloaded isos still burn fine, but the dumped ones say they require DVD+R DL media.

any suggestions on how to get the dumped isos burning?

any and all help is GREATLY appreciated! thanks!!! I don't want my new dvd drive going to waste :\

2. wtfmanwtf

wtfmanwtf Member

oh and I forgot to mention but I don't know if it's pertinent to getting any help is that I have a wiikey modchip installed

3. wtfmanwtf

wtfmanwtf Member

don't mean to toot my own horn but I REALLY need some help please, anyone.

would getting a higher quality media, or even a DVD+R DL work since that is what nero is asking?

and an error message pops up when I attempt to use the dumped isos w/ imgburn saying "I/O error"