1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloaded Mac Ripper, DVDBackup 1.3 and DVD2One but can't open

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by noClue2, Jan 23, 2005.

1. noClue2

noClue2 Guest

Hi! If anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong! I have Mac OS X version 10.3.7 and tried to download Mac the Ripper several times, then DVDBackup 1.3 and DVD2One, the compression one, and when it downloads it doesn't produce the harddrive image with the .dmg download, the image is instead just a blank page. When I try to open it , it says there is no application to open it and I don't know if I even have the right one to choose from... should open automatically! Don't know if I need to download something else first?
    The DVDBackup 1.3 and DVD2One downloaded as dawnload.cfm- does that seem right?
    I wanted the Ripper based on its reviews but this isn't working. Even installed I.E. for macs to see if it was a browser issue but evidently is not....
    Please help. So new at this and not sure why the applications are not downloading properly!
    Help is appreciated! Thank you : )
    I have also gone to numerous web sites just in case there was an issue with one but that doesn't seem to the problem either! ahhhh!

2. greg97

greg97 Member

I feel your pain. I've recently installed a sony dvd burner into my G4 but as of yet have been able to find a ripper that will work. Mac the ripper sounds great but like you it just doesn' t open. Have you had any luck with this problem?????

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  4. noClue2

noClue2 Guest

Hi- thanks to you two for responding to my plea for help.
    Mac the Ripper came out with a new version and it worked. It might have fixed the reason why I couldn't download it initially. I also downloaded a patch burn- tried to find it but it isn't in my download history anymore.. anyway, try mac the ripper again, the new one worked. only prob is that now I don't have a shrink app that can work because I don't have enough free disk space and all that jazz... next problem! but downloading the ripper at least works now! from one issue to the next! Good luck! this is quite the task, it seems, if you don't want to spend $100 bucks and have a mac!