1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloaded movie file causes errors

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by prowler19, Nov 22, 2003.

1. prowler19

prowler19 Member

I downloaded a movie file off of Kazza that would play in the .avi preview, but when it finished downloading, everytime I go to play it or even highlight it, I get a error and Explorer crashes and restarts.

Running XP pro.

DIVX MPG4 V3 is the file compression.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

3. prowler19

prowler19 Member

Well, it isn't quite a movie you will see in theaters. At least not your local cineplex.

Anyway, been through that whole list of codecs and programs before you linked to it and it didn't help.

Problem is that I cannot even just highlight it without it making the Windows Explorer crash.

Tried opening it with Gspot and AVI codec and it just crashed those programs.

I have ran it through Norton's and it does not detect any viruses.

Any other ideas????

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

has to be fake or windows explorer crashes trying to get info from the file. You can stop that from happening with Regedit, go to http://www.tweakxp.com and go to performance tweaks and look for Avi using 100% CPU usage or something liek that.

If that doesnt help, its probably fake.

And Praetor, he didnt break any rules and showed no sign of piracy, basically the rules are, name the copyrighted movie and source = Rule Breaking Post :)