1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloaded Sin.City.SVCD-SAOSIN

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by BHarrold, Apr 6, 2005.

1. BHarrold

BHarrold Member

I downloaded Sin City and have had trouble viewing the file. Can anybody tell me of a software that will read this? What is SAOSIN? I will link this site to anyone with an answer so you can download directly from me. Thanks!

2. tvcabbage

tvcabbage Guest

Saosin are the good people who have copied and packed the file you have. If its the 2.09g one it actually contains 3 SVCDs in the form of disc images (possibly the 3rd is still an Mpeg) these inages can be burnt to 3 cds and played in most standard DVD players.
    check out burning images CUE /BIN in the guides

3. polski-

polski- Member

i downloaded that to. Its a 3cd svcd you can burn it onto a dvd and watch it. pretty good movie to

4. Shokku

Shokku Member

I've downloaded the same file. I'd ideally like to burn it all onto a dvd that I could watch through a normal dvd player (This seems impossible). So how would I put it onto 3 cds? And is there anyway to watch it on my PC?

Thanks

5. mxxmikexx

mxxmikexx Member

i downloaded sincity as well, and it plays fine on my pc, but everytime i burn it using dvd santa i dont get any audio. what am i doing wrong? ive successfully burned other downloaded movies using dvd santa without a problem. and im having the same problem with oceans 12. can anyone help?

6. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

VidseoHelp.com, Doom9.org, afterdawn.com , DVDDigest, DivXDigest.com all have guides/tutorials for converting SVCD/VCD to DVD.

Im too lazy to get all the links , their already listed here on Afterdawn in the Links page/forum (most of them are anyway)..

Anyway, DVD Santa is halfassed way of putting SVCD to DVD.. No wonder your losing audio or its outta sync.. DVD Santa wasnt designed to handle pirated movies or the pericular standards the mpgs/mpegs of a scene rlsed SVCD/VCD tend to have.. DVD standards are picky and usually SVCD/VCDs are far off matching those standards and require reencoding the video , demuxing (removing the audio from the video ) remuxing ( combining the video and audio back into one stream) and converting the audio to DVD format.

I made my own DVD+RW outta SAOSIN's rls .. SVCD to DVD conversions are a waste of a DVD-R/DVD+R IMHO.. Just wait for a TC DVDR or a DVDSCR :p

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  8. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I downloaded this and it's almost completely unwatchable. The picture freezes and then skips like a few times per minute. I watched 10 minutes of it and couldn't take any more of it. Looked like a pretty cool movie though.

9. plutonash

plutonash Regular member

Either you burnt the svcd too fast or your dvd players suck or maybe both as it shouldnt be skipping or have green pixalation.

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i watched it, very good, and it played great...

11. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I probably burned it too fast, I did it at max. Took like 3 minutes per disc, and mine was only 2 discs. I noticed a lot of people say they got 3 discs, maybe I got a different file (mine was about 1.5GB total). I'll try again though.

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

sorry the main film files were took out of each svcd and then put in divxtodvd and make vob/bup/ifo for dvdr, burned in nero

great film good quailty!

13. Goonerz

Goonerz Member

I had no probs with this..downloaded it, converted it to dvd format using vso divx to dvd then shrink and decrypter to burn to blank dvd..plays fine... quality pretty good..got away with a lot coz its mainly b/w... saosin seem to be good rippers...aint seen no one to touch the mighty centropy tho! (they seem to be few and far between these days...guys where r ya????!).... vcq quality.com before u download..check wots about!!! mirc, tmd movies, the ONLY place to get ya films!!!

14. squizzle

squizzle Active member

yeah, I just figured it out and it is pretty good quality. Weird that in VCD format it stuttered all the time. I think it might've been a PAL movie and I am over here in NTSC land.

15. slew0408

slew0408 Guest

i heard that squizzle, i hate when that happens, encoding back to NTSC format takes a lot of patience.....sometimes its worth it though

16. bixby

bixby Member

Hiya, I am completly crap with computers and I have downloaded a Saosin movie...thingy... Is there anyway I can watch it on my computer? Also, when I am putting it onto discs, do I need to change the file type or anything or can I just put it straight onto a disc? Sorry about this and any help would be appreaciated. (I realy am bad with this sort of thing)

17. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

18. bixby

bixby Member

That helped loads, thanks :)