1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloading c.d. albums

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by bevdavies, Sep 4, 2002.

1. bevdavies

bevdavies Member

someone told me that I can download c.d. albums and put the songs onto c.d., cna someone please help me, is there a software i can buy, or hardware to put into my computor, or a fileshare, that does mp3 albums aswell.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

First of all - Don't trust file sharing utilities like kazaa imesh or fileshare to get entire albums.

People rip songs from their cds into the mp3 format (usually, could be wma aswell) and these are then added to a shared folder of theirs.

A lot of the songs you will look for in file sharing will either be the wrong song, corrupt or just plain not quality enough for cds. However if you still are interested....

You need a cd-wirter or at least access to one. Then you need software to write cds. Personally I like nero burning rom but about 98% of cd burning software will do cds. (check out afterdawns software section).

You need blank cd media. 80min/700mb are the standard cd-rs now. Obviously this means the cd can hold 80 mins of music.

When you get mp3s, most cd burning software will allow you to compile a new cd using mp3 (or wma aswell if you use nero burning rom).

Before you burn the cds always look for a better version of your mp3s. Usually mp3s are 128kbits/second. This is ok but if you can get 192kbits/second or 224.

After you use your software to burn a cd, you will notice that the quality of the cd isnt as good as a bought cd or a directly copied cd.

Kazaa, FileShare and Imesh are full of mp3 so you would likely find an album.

Ofcoarse downloading copyrighted material is piracy and carries a pretty big fine in most countries but Il leave the decision making up to you.

3. novicebb

novicebb Regular member

albumbase.com is the best place to go hands down.

4. TomMelee

TomMelee Regular member

Dela (Staff Member) 5. September 2002 @ 12:14
    novicebb (Member) 1. August 2006 @ 20:08

Nothing like dredging up a post that is just short of 4 years old there mate.