1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloading DS lite games

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Pete872, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Pete872

Pete872 Member

Hi I am a complete novice where this is concerned. Basically I want to be able to download DS games for my sister who's kids both have DS lites (she's sick of paying £30 a game)

How do I go about doing this? As far as I can gather you can buy these r4 cartridges and a micro sd card then download the games and drag and drop them onto the micro sd card. Is that it? or is it not as simple as that?

Is there some sort of idiots guide to downloading games and getting them on a cartridge?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete.

2. tyrantdj

tyrantdj Regular member

Discussing illegally downloaded software is not allowed on this forum.

To answer your other question, it is as easy as buying an r4, create or, download homebrew / backup ds games (games that you actually own) and simply drag and drop onto the micro sd card.

Hope this helps

3. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Yes an R4 will let you do that, it is *almost* as simple as drag and drop the games, you just need to do one extra thing when you first get it, which is copy over the 'kernel' so the card will work this is also a simple drag and drop of a couple of files. you can download the R4 kernel from http://r4ds.com/index-en.htm

I have a (not quite idiot) guide for the M3 DS Simply (link in sig), the M3 DS Simply is identical to the R4 so my guide works for that too. The only difference is it uses a different firmware, so ignore any download links in the guide.

4. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

For games:

ds.rom-news.org
    frozen-roms.net
    1rom.net
    dgemu.com