1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloading, finding, burning iso files

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by rtrg, Oct 23, 2018.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I downloaded a win 7 OS as an iso file from a website.this site did not require a product key even though I have one. after the file downloaded and the windows burn dialog opened immediately following. I burned the dvd, verified it. I now have a fresh perfect bootable OS for emergency use. it should be faster than using the recovery cd set, and just as easy as the recovery partition on c drive.

if i want to burn another copy where is the downloaded iso file saved? folder, which screen, ect? how would I find it? how would I reopen the burner app to make another copy? or do I have to go back to the same website and do the process again?

2. aldan

aldan Active member

have you tried just copying the cd?should work.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Why can't you just open the download location from the web browser if your using chrome or firefox it's under tools or at least should.

other option open explorer..enable menu bar if it ain't already..under tools option..folder options...view...unhide folders by selecting show hidden folders & hide protected storage blah blah then hit apply

use explorer search & type the name of the iso or just type .iso (may require you to unhide file extensions in same place as above options)
    iso should now appear..copy & paste to desktop

or just do what aldan said & create a new iso with imgburn

4. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

look in your download folder which is part of windows.

5. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I simply downloaded a win 7 iso and burned it immediately to dvd with the burner provided. If I close the dialog before burning I can open the same software and do it again. I made one disc for an emergency. My desktop has a recovery partition which accomplishes the same thing

6. aldan

aldan Active member

have you tried booting from the disk yet?

7. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

yes does not appear.

8. aldan

aldan Active member

now we are getting somewhere.when you downloaded the file did you use a burning software like imgburn to create a bootable disk.reason i ask is just burning the file to a dvd wont create a bootable disk.
    https://neosmart.net/wiki/burning-iso-images-with-imgburn/ ive not used windows to do this.i suspect tho that a bootable medium was not created.