1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloading games from kazaa

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by verhobb, Aug 16, 2002.

1. verhobb

verhobb Member

I have downloaded several games from kazaa...i can get them to install fine but when i try to play them it says insert cd in cd-rom drive.

Usually the games are in iso format and I extract the files using winiso. I then copy them to cd and install the game from cd. However, after installation I go to play the game but it says insert cd in drive. How do you fix this? I want to play these games...I know i should buy these games if i really want to play them but it can get expesive.

Please help

2. smigo

smigo Guest

try naming the disk --same name as the game--
    does it ask for --named disk --??
    or download patch from one of the serial/crack sites on astalavista.com

3. verhobb

verhobb Member

In the case of Warcraft III it says "Warcraft III was unable to detect a disc in your CD-ROM drive. Please make sure your Warcraft III disc is in your CD-ROM drive, then click on 'Retry'.

In the case of Medal of Honor it says "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application".

I have not tried to rename the cd...I will try that as well as the altavista search, both of which i was unaware of...I am new to downloading games so if anyone has any hints on what to do or has had similar experiences please share the information.

4. storming

storming Member

Sounds like cd copy protection, either the cd was not copied using software capable of producing 1:1 replicas of safedisc (MOHAA) or the burner you are using is not compatile with writing them, either way there is no problem - do as smigo says - download a patch - at astalavista.com or megagames.com or gamecopyworld.com

Last edited: Aug 16, 2002
  5. verhobb

verhobb Member

The software used to burn the cds was easy cd creator 5.1 platinum. I used WinIso to extract the files to a folder on the desktop then I burned the contents to that folder on the cd. I then installed the game with no problem...it is just playing the game that causes me the trouble.

6. verhobb

verhobb Member

I can't believe it, it worked...i downloaded a patch...copied and pasted a few files and i got the game to work. (warcraftIII) I have not tried MOHAA yet.

BUT

I HAVE NO SOUND!!!

NOW WHAT?

7. storming

storming Member

Unfortunatly that is the price you sometimes have to pay for a copied games, this is generally because the music and sounds are on the cd and are decompressed and run at run time. Check that you really did install the game with maximum install, and if it really does annoy you then I suggest you research for a patch, some patchs allow you to copy the music files from the CD to the harddrive and then the patch tells the game where to search for them on your harddrive.

8. verhobb

verhobb Member

I got the game to work with sound. I just replaced the cracked exe file with the original one and it works great! I have MOHAA, Medal of Honor, and Neverwinter Nights running.

My only problem now is that I need a faster processor...just bought a new video card (geforce4mx-440) but my processor is only 700mhz. The games run but have to limit textures etc due to slow processor speed. I think its time for new computer!