1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloading Games..

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by mv10, May 4, 2007.

1. mv10

mv10 Member

Out of Curiosity, do Console makers and thirdparty manufactuers send letters and emails to downloaders. It would seem to me that its not worth it to them and Ive never heard of anyone being threatened by them.

2. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Video games does not have a dedicated agency such as the RIAA/MPAA that takes its time to monitor what leeches are doing. Although, as you know, what you are doing is illegal, and there may be others that are monitoring your habits, especially if you are using public sites.

3. mv10

mv10 Member

I havent downloaded any games yet, I was just curious and wanted to be informed. When you mean public tracker, do you mean like torrentspy? I current use Demonoid, is that a Private Tracker?
    Im a noob, How much more safe is a private compared to a public
    Thanks again!

4. eiffel65

eiffel65 Regular member

Anything that both is locked down for just anyone to go in and sign up, and has invites is really safe, and cool. B-) Reason why, is that if anyone that's part of the government has to sign-up to get someone's e-mail, or so, can't sign-up 'cause they dun know anyone that can get em' an invite. Other than that, you get cool downloads. B-)

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  5. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

That is not true at all. Nothing is really safe. A couple weeks ago there was a news story how piracy agencies are members at some of the more popular semi private trackers (demonoid, bitsoup, etc). There are sooo many sites that invite trading threads with people happy to give up their invites you never know who is getting invited. To think just because you had to get invited means you are safe is incorrect. These agencies can be given jurisdiction by the copyright holder to be in the swarm of the torrent. Now they have your ip ;)

6. Jondrew

Jondrew Regular member

very true, this is why i stick to the more private ones that are not only better but safer but nothing is completely safe. i also use peerguardian 2 to block anti-p2p companies from scanning your ip when downloading, especially from public and semiprivate places...