1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloading Movies to burn

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by peeches, Jun 16, 2004.

1. peeches

peeches Guest

Now, I have read the rules, and I don't want to break any laws, but I heard somewhere that you can go to a site and download movies for a fee. I have seen these sites, but I don't want to waste money and time buying movies only to get 2nd rate movies!

I have done a search on the site, and can't seem to find any useful information in this subject - I only find posts regarding piracy. As I said, I want to pay for them, but I don't know what is a good site!!

I just wanted to say too - that this site has helped me a BUNCH so far. i'm just re-learning all of this and I love it. SO much info on this site!! Thanks for having it. :)

Thanks for the answer to my question in advance!! I appreciate it!!

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

LOL I dunno about these download sites and such and I would imagine they are decent however when you get such movies, you are paying for the license to watch the movie for a certain span of time rather than to burn it as a peramanent copy later -- cuz that would be piracy

3. peeches

peeches Guest

Well, that's what I needed I suppose. I was looking last night and I saw some sites that claim to allow you to purchase a "membership", download the movies to your computer and burn them later. Then there were some that said the movies would automatically be deleted from your computer after 30 days. Just a bit confused about the whole deal is all.

My ex-husband was the computer genius... I'm just left in the dust now that he's out of the picture on how to do things now!!

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

I dunno about the sites that say "you can burn the movies for later use" because I havnt ever heard of that (being legal that is).

5. peeches

peeches Guest

Thanks for your help.