1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloading Nero Manuals & installing

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by deden56, Mar 24, 2007.

1. deden56

deden56 Member

I new to using a PC and I'd like a bit of help installing nero manuals so I can access them straight from the Manuals section of Nero StartSmart.I've tried before and they end up in the Nero folder on there own.It would be easier to get to them through StartSmart.

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

If you can get the chm files to work, you can probably change the shortcuts under the Start button - Programs - Nero - manuals.

I normally just download the .pdf files and put them in a folder. Of course the references are changed when a new version is added.

3. Steve823

Steve823 Member

Download the chm files and put them in the application folder. Example: Nero Vision has its own folder where you will see a chm help file already. Actually it's just a place holder and has a much smaller file size than the help file. Copy the real help file over the one that's there. Then to get it to work, right-click on it, choose Properties, and then click on "UNBLOCK." Then you will be able to run the file from StartSmart or from "help" in the application. Just remember if you don't see the "place-holder" of the same name, you're not in the right place.

4. deden56

deden56 Member

Thanks Saltgrass ,Steve823 for your help I've now got manuals installed and can access them from manuals in Startsmart.