1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloading Securty Patch File Games

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Trixx_14, May 28, 2007.

1. Trixx_14

Trixx_14 Regular member

I downloaded a game and i was wonder if i have a xbox360 (NTSC) do i need to do anything with the folder named "Securty Patch" If i do, please explain how i get it too work.

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I've never seen a downloaded game that had the .iso .dvd and an extra folder with the ss.bin file in it but I guess it's possible. Get SSMerger 1.7b and merge the ss.bin file into the .iso

3. duzmi

duzmi Member

Hi.
    Some releases do have the stealth files in a separate folder DESPITE the game being patched. It's just something some groups do in case you want them.
    I would suggest before you go trying to patch it to actually run schtrom ( I'm on v3.2) or xbox backup creator v2.4 (v2.5 always reports video sector as "questionable"in my experience) and see if it is already pre patched.
    Chances are these days it already is patched and the stealth folder can be discarded, just don't patch an already patched game. You can also check region while you have schtrom open.

If it is an older release then the .ss (bin file) will be the only thing in the folder and that will need to be injected with ss merger, it should tell you if this is the case in the nfo though.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, some have the seperate file, but usually if the uploader was any good it is already patched. So just test it with XBC and if it is not patched then you can just manually do it. Most likely it will be stealth already.

5. Trixx_14

Trixx_14 Regular member

ya ive burned these games with IMG Burn and it worked no probleme WITHOUT the patch folder thing. But with one game an audio came from a game and said "Oh,OH" as ive the game didn't work correctly. but when i tested it,it was fine :S