1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloading/Seeding

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by GeoStigma, May 21, 2007.

1. GeoStigma

GeoStigma Regular member

Hi I'm new to the whole torrent thing so I had a couple of questions that I was always wondering.

1.When downloading something does it matter how many files you are seeding? Like for example I got a movie downloading and I'm seeding 5 other files? Will that affect my download speed?

2.Does it go faster just to seed one torrent instead of more? Currently I got around 6 torrents that I'm seeding and I was wondering if it affects my seeding speed if I have more torrents seeding?

Thanks for any help!

2. vette74

vette74 Member

Definitely!

At the most you should be seeding only (1) torrent while downloading another. Stop the rest of them, and wait to restart them until after you're done downloading. BTW you don't have to seed indefinitely. As long as your share ratio for that torrent (not your total share ratio, although that should be past 1.0 as well :p) is past 1.0 you can stop seeding if you like. What client are you using? (i.e. Azureus, utorrent, etc.)

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  3. vette74

vette74 Member

The reason I ask is because if you're using Azureus, you should download the Auto Speed plugin. Your upload speed directly effects your download speed. This automatically and continually tweaks your settings to achieve optimum download speeds.

4. GeoStigma

GeoStigma Regular member

I'm using utorrent

what about seeding though is it good to seed more than one file when not downloading anything?

5. vette74

vette74 Member

When seeding only, run all your torrents at the same time. That way they'll reach the 1.0 ratio faster.

6. GeoStigma

GeoStigma Regular member

Ah ok gotchya thanks