1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloading to the hard drive ??

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by bill101, Aug 23, 2004.

1. bill101

bill101 Member

I was wondering i just bought my Xbit mod chip and i have some questions about downloading games to your hard drive.. to download the games DO I frist have to download a program or does the software that comes with the chip have the program that lets me do that?

I am a newbie at this

2. FullySik

FullySik Guest

u need to download SlaYers EvoX Auto-Installer v2.5 that installs the program evolution x which u need to save games in ur harddrive
    go to google and type SlaYers Auto Installer and click on the first site u download it from there

3. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

You can download slayers auto installer like fully sik said which will include various apps already, or you can just get an evo-x boot cd which only installs evo-x then you ftp programs over to your xbox.

Slayers has a program called pxhddloader which copies games from your xbox dvd drive to your xbox hdd.
    Slayers auto installer is much easier for newbies just starting out but evo-x is a little old on slayers, non the less it still works exactly the same.

Download slayers from how fullysik said and then burn it onto a dvd-r or cd-rw depending on what your drive reads.

Then place it into your xbox and let it load up, then copy the files off the disc onto your xbox hdd.

Take out the disc, reset your xbox and evo-x should load.

Hope this helps you :)
    Any probs post back here and we will try and help you out.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Xbox v1.0, X-ecuter2 lite,EVO-X DASHBOARD,
    ps2 v4, magic 3.1

BARTON 3200+,wInDoWs XP(sp1),
    asus A7V600-X ,120GB HDD,
    256DDR ,pioneer 106D,16x dvd,
    Radeon 9600xt.[/small]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2004
  4. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

I noticed that there is a new version of the HDDLoader. I have v1.2a and now I've seen a 1.3 The one I have now works pefect and is there any other reason to have this update besides just being up to date?
    xboxstation.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=9

5. clarky

clarky Regular member

1.3 fixes (well tries too) the problem of not knowing what game is which when you ftp into your xbox. Normally you will see game 0 game 1 game2 etc.

Now with 1.3 you will still get that but you will also get a little text file saying game0 - Spiderman, game1 - hitman etc.

Just makes it easier to identify your games when you have to bring them to your pc for whatever reason.

6. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Thanks clarky for the helpful information. Sounds much easier then opening files to hopefully find a clue as to what game it is.

7. worsamj

worsamj Guest

can you copy games onto your hard drive if you dont have a modded xbox?

Im new at this.