1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloading videos from US Marketplace

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by t_c_47, Dec 8, 2007.

1. t_c_47

t_c_47 Member

Hi, I live in Norway and paid for 4000 microsoft points for a US account, and set up a US account on my xbox 360 with all the details of a US address, telephone number,etc. and i had read that this works fine, and it was going to plan.. have the US marketplace, can see all the movies and tv shows, etc.. and have managed to redeem the code and have 4000 points ready to use.. but when i go to confirm download of any video, it gives an error message like "could not download file from your location" or something similar. I know this worked before, so its strange that it doesnt now.. but I assume the new fall update did this, checking the IP of location.. but I don't know too much about computers and things like that, so I ask for anyone who knows how to resolve this, because I have heard that I need to use a Proxy so that it looks like my IP is from the US, but I am not sure how to do this for my xbox 360 and so on, and was actually advised to ask on this forum.. if anyone knows how i could set this up and get videos, I would be so thankful because otherwise I just wasted money for 4000 microsoft points! the marketplace in norway has no videos at all and basically nothing else either, so thats why I really want the US Marketplace available! any help appreciated :)

2. t_c_47

t_c_47 Member

anyone have anything for me?

3. wabashman

wabashman Active member

the only way i can think of using a proxy to get a US IP address would to share your internet connection via you computer. this way the 360s IP address would be similar to your computers instead of compleetly different. i could be wrong on this though but worth a shot at least.