1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dpad on psp problem...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ck44, Jan 11, 2007.

1. ck44

ck44 Member

Hi, I've had my psp for a year now and it's been working fine, but now while playing gta or any other game, if i press left or right on the d-pad, it moves down, for ex. on gta when i press left or right the character turns around and starts walking as if i would have pressed down on the analog stick. Does anyone know how to fix this? or if there is somewhere where i can send it to be fixed?
    Thanks.

2. RyuKonton

RyuKonton Regular member

you can always buy a new one off on eBay, and instal it yourself

or try http://www.fixmyplaystation.com

I'm not sure if they offer d-pad repairs, but you can check

3. Memnock

Memnock Active member

That's the analog stick messing up. One sure fire way to fix it to take the PSP apart, clean everything in that area and put it all back together. You may need a new one too. It's happened to me plenty of times. Tightening the screws in back of the PSP on the analog/d-pad side sometimes helps too. Another easy fix that may or may not work is removing the nub and using a can of compressed air on the analog stick.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  4. ck44

ck44 Member

Hi thanks for the fast responds, Memnock, now that you mention tightening the screws in back of the psp... when i push the left side of my psp in the area underneath the dpad and to the left of the analog stick, i do hear a squeaking noise, as if something were loose, and only on that left side.

5. ck44

ck44 Member

Hey guys, I didn't know how to open my psp so I Just got a toothpick and took off the nub and started to remove the dust, I blew on the nub and the analog stick and removed all the dust. Then i got the toothpick and started to remove the dust from the d-pad in between the buttons. There was a lot of dust there and that's it! It works now! all goood, thanks a lot guys!!

6. cockster

cockster Member

once i had the same problem...the only thing is u open up yr psp cover..the problem is that under your D-pad..tat's a rubber..u jus need to shift it rite..everythin will be fine..

7. cockster

cockster Member

once i had the same problem...the only thing is u open up yr psp cover..the problem is that under your D-pad..tat's a rubber..u jus need to shift it rite..everythin will be fine..

8. cockster

cockster Member

soory for double post

9. ck44

ck44 Member

Hi guys it's me again, well sadly the problem started again... i tried opening my psp but i dont know what kind of screwdriver to use.. i tried using a #0, but it was still too big for the screws. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.