1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DPG Video Editor v1.0

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by mbowen89, Jan 31, 2008.

1. mbowen89

mbowen89 Member

DPG Video Editor v1.0
    by mbowen89

Resize, split, trim, add text, add and edit audio, add subtitles and more with this easy to use program that is designed specifically for converting AVI and WMV videos into the DPG format for the NDS.

[​IMG]

You need the latest .Net Framework (v3.5) to run this program!
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263.aspx

You need the latest AVISynth (v2.57) to run this program!
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=57023&package_id=72557&release_id=366702

You need the latest version of DirectX to run this program!
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Download Mirror 1
    DPG Video Editor v1.0

Please report any bugs you find to this thread, along with any comments on the DPG Video Editor, thanks!

2. silk42

silk42 Regular member

Thank for the info. I think I might give this a try this weekend. It'll give me something to do before the SuperBowl.

3. mbowen89

mbowen89 Member

I think you will like it!

It can make widescreen movies look so much better on the DS, plus it has all the other cool features that you can add to your movies.

I know some people have smaller SD cards so that is why I let them split a movie (such as Lord of the Rings) into multiple parts...

You can see what all else it does!

:D

4. mbowen89

mbowen89 Member

Has anyone used this yet?

I am really looking for feedback!

5. usbplayer

usbplayer Member

this program is not a dgp video editor as the title says, it is for editing avi/wmv and then encoding into dpg using batchdpg. please rename the app so others are not duped.

i was looking for a way to fix an out of sync issue with a dpg vid and spent 20min updating various files to get this app to even run. i was disappointed to find out it doesn't do what i had hoped.

i can not comment on other features as i quicky deleted it. i don't need a simple frontend for batchdpg as i am familiar with many other encoding applications.

6. mbowen89

mbowen89 Member

I quote from the first line of the first post:

"...designed specifically for converting AVI and WMV videos into the DPG format for the NDS. "

I am sorry that it doesn't fix already made DPG's. You could do it with this program actually by demuxing the DPG, inputting the video and audio file, then delaying if needed, and re-encoding.

This is for people that want a simple and fast way to set up DPG's for encoding.

What would you like me to call it? "DPG Video Preparer"? lol

7. usbplayer

usbplayer Member

how can you call it a dpg editor when it clearly isn't for the editing of dpgs?

thats like calling a car and airplane just because, even though cars do not fly.

dpg quick start, dpg begin, dpg prep <- are all better more suited names.

the problem with the out of sync audio is a batchdpg issue, which are you using to encode the dpgs. demuxing, and reencoding would yeild the same problem. hence why i'm still looking for a 'dpg video editor.' the better fix would be for ffdshow to support dpg so i could decode the dpg stream for the mpg mod of virtual dub.

your app is well put together but you have to admit the name is very misleading.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  8. mbowen89

mbowen89 Member

Yeah, I should have at least called it Pre-Editor or something.

I didn't think on the name too long, as I didn't think many people would use it outside of gbatmw.net

What I meant by demuxing a DPG and then re-encoding it with delay was this:

I have encoded a DPG, and it was off by 1 sec for example during the playback of the DPG. Well, if I delayed it +or- 1 sec, it would fix it after the re-encode.